After Sutton's 12 month check-up on Monday, here are his stats:
*Weight: 23.6 lbs (50th%)
*Height: 29.5 in (50th%)
*Head Circumference: >97th%
So he's evened out everywhere but his big head. :)
I got a new camera lens yesterday. It's wonderful. I have a wedding this afternoon/evening (outdoors in this heat...wish me luck) and I can't wait to use it a bunch. But I thought I'd test it out on Sutton and his new found love for this snack cup.
It's true love. If you want him to eat something he won't eat, put it in the cup. If you want to keep him busy, put some cheerios in the cup. Last night we had a BBQ at some friends house and afterwards played some games. He stayed busy for a good 45 minutes eating goldfish out of this cup. When they were gone, he fished his puffs out of his diaper bag, handed them to me, and gave me the cup.
For those of you who don't currently have kids or haven't seen these...they have these rubber flaps that allow kiddos to put their hands in to get snacks out, but they don't spill. Pretty handy.
Also...a couple things I forgot to put in his 12 month post:
*Sutton's started standing on his own. He likes to pull up on things, then let go, and get alllllll excited. He stands there for probably 10 seconds, all wobbly like, then throws himself down. I feel like if he didn't love the falling down part, he could stand on his own a lot longer. Last night, he walked next to me just holding one of my hands.
*Ever since his birthday, we've changed his eating a lot. He has oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, lunchmeat, cheese, fruit, and cheerios for lunch, an afternoon nursing, and some of what we're having or veggies and fruit for supper. Then he nurses before bed. He likes to feed himself, but that makes a huge mess and he doesn't always get it in his mouth, so I usually help him a lot.
*Weaning update: AHHHHH! So we've cut out the morning nursing. That's totally fine. I mix whole milk with his oatmeal, we're good to go. I've been trying to get him to take a bottle or sippy cup of breastmilk and cow's milk in the afternoon and the first day it went great, he sucked it down. Ever since then, it's resulted in a tantrum and so I end up giving in and nursing him because I know he's hungry. Haven't decided on a game plan other than continuing to try to get him to drink milk out of a sippy cup throughout the day. I feel like we're wasting a lot of milk though.
In other news, Sadie is right at home. When I wash the sheets on our bed, I have to cover the mattress with our comforter because the dogs will still get up there. The other day I took a nap while Sutton napped, so I had a naked pillow on the bed too. A few hours later, I found Sadie all comfy up there.



I love babies with big heads! I have one too. :) Ready for some unsolicited advice? To get my older daughter weaned, we had to add chocolate to the whole milk. Yeah...not my first choice or thought of what it meant to be "a good mom" but we use Ovaltine and just put in enough to change the color of the milk--definitely don't follow the directions on the label. Her doc didn't care. Said she'd pick chocolate milk at school anyway. :) My younger daughter started off drinking plain whole milk just fine, but ended up getting wise to the fact that sister's had a little extra something, and she now demands it, too. Good luck! By the way, enjoyed reading about Sutton's first bday party. :)
ReplyDelete