Monday, July 25, 2011

Getaway

Saturday night, we left Sutton in the capable hands of his Papa Ed and Grandma Janet while Adam and I spent a night away.

The anticipation of leaving Sutton was the worst part. After we left, we actually did a really good job holding it together and talking about things besides Sutton! I was proud of us.

Rewind...since I've been working a lot this summer and had a little extra $ (emphasis on little) to spend from that, and since our only celebration for our 5 year anniversary this year was Tenkiller (which was FAR from romantic with that needy baby), I really wanted to do something fun with the husband. My friend Jaclyn gave me a great idea to do a mini-getaway by staying in town and getting a hotel, doing dinner, movie, etc. Awesome idea. It was so much fun.

Adam's parents came over in the late afternoon and we headed to our hotel to check in. We stayed at the Hilton by the airport and it was nice but definitely not as nice as the pictures on Expedia. :) Whatev.

We took a couple pre-date photos at the hotel to document our fun.

On our first attempt, Adam was doing mean things to me. I like how we're still both trying to hold it together and smile at the camera.

Earlier last week, Adam had gone out to "work on my surprise" for this weekend.

You see, it's common knowledge in our house that I have a pretty good fashion sense, and Adam...well, he is not only colorblind (so he can't tell what matches) but he pretty much only wears t-shirts. He insists that he knows what looks good, he just doesn't make the effort.

So anyway, just before we left the house, he locked himself in the bathroom to get his surprise together, and came out in THIS. I almost died. Dark tight-ish jeans, white button down, and skinny tie. Seriously? The only tie I'd ever seen him in before this was a zipper tie (yes, that's a real thing). I could barely handle myself. Whew.


Then we went to Hangar One for dinner. If you haven't ever been, go. It's totally Wichita. I'd never been there til last year and they have some really great food including fried pickles.


We went back to the hotel and got in the hot tub, and debating crashing the wedding reception that was going on (we didn't) and watched tv (since, you know, we don't have one) before heading to a late showing of Harry Potter 7:II in Old Town Square. We got there pretty early, so we walked around a bit and then sat and watched a bunch of kids play in the fountains. Oh, and took a picture. :)


During the movie we got POP (oh, how I miss thee) and popcorn and candy and chili (weird). Totally not on the diet. It was wonderful. And Harry Potter was SO good. I think I need to re-read the books for the third time. And watch all the movies. I love Harry Potter. And Adam. And our date nights.

We slept in til 9:30 (holy cow) and then had a breakfast/brunch at the hotel before heading home to schnuggle our baby boy.

Who meanwhile.....

was having a great time with his grandparents. I'm glad they took pictures of their escapades.


He's still loving his slide from Rachael and Matt. We play with it every day!



Grandma was pretty proud of this next series of photos she captured. He thinks he can climb back up the slide. But you tell him "no, Sutton" and...








He goes around and climbs up the right way! He's so smart and big.


A HUGE thanks to the grandparents for not only watching our sweet boy for the night, but also for putting up with the ridiculous dogs and our messy house! :) That's how you can tell we're really comfortable with you...we don't clean for you. Is that bad? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment