Saturday, July 16, 2011

Excuses and Red Hot Apples

HI!

Miss me?

When I first had Sutton and he was just a lump of human who slept all the time, I always though "Gosh, this is a breeze! I still have tons of time to myself, I can blog and read and nap. I don't know what people are always complaining about being so busy when they have kids..."

Well...

SUTTON IS CRAZY AND HILARIOUS AND ALWAYS GETTING INTO EVERYTHING.

So, I haven't had as much time to blog. Or take pictures. Sad.

It's been real hot out too. Like 110* hot. So those are my excuses. Satisfied? :)

This weekend is my first weekend at home without a wedding since MAY and I'm so excited. SO excited. We went to the pool yesterday and plan on going again today. We might even make it to church this weekend! Our church life has been neglected, I'm sad to say, and I miss it.

The even better news is that I have the next TWO weekends off also! And I have fun fun things planned. Hopefully photos will be involved.

I found some old pictures on a memory card from back in April. Sutton looks so much different in these photos. We were having dinner with Luis and Val, and they'd brought red hots, and Val started telling us about this recipe her mom made when she was little that was melted red hots and apples. So of course we googled the recipe and tried it.

It was...interesting. And I spilled it on my placemat. But fun!

The men did the cooking. For a change. :) Just kidding. Adam usually does the cooking in our house.



Meanwhile, Val and I played with Sutton.





No comments:

Post a Comment