Funny story.
We had some errands to run this afternoon, and among them was getting Sutton a new airplane since Diesel destroyed his (as I told you in the last post). We thought Dollar General would have some.
While there, we saw that they had cheap food, so I started grabbing some things for dinner this week. My arms quickly became full, and while it was evident that I needed a cart, I just didn't get one.
Bad move.
The spaghetti sauce jar slipped out of my arm and shattered on the floor. Great.
I was preoccupied with being embarrassed that I broke something and didn't notice the blood coming from my foot til the cashier asked if I was okay. Adam left to go get a cart and the cashier left to go get some paper towels, and in that short 2 minutes, my foot bled. And bled. And bled. My entire flip flop was in a pool of blood. (I seriously kept thinking about Twilight and vampires, lol.)
The cashier/manager lady suggested going to the ER to make sure there wasn't any glass in the wound. I sat on the floor in the Dollar General for probably close to 30 minutes while she figured out the protocol for the incident, and then we headed to the ER.
I was asked 3 times what happened, and the doctor said "Spaghetti sauce? That's a new one. Is that spaghetti sauce on your toe?"
It was.
See that tiny cut on my left foot? How could that bleed so much? They did some x-rays to check for glass, but there wasn't any. So I got a tetanus and a band-aid and they sent me home. Better safe than sorry, I guess.
Funny antecdote...my room was right across from the nurses' station and my door was open. While waiting for my shot, I heard one of the nurses say "Are you going to go stab 6?" I was in room 6. :)
Gross.
To end on a better note, I took this picture on my phone yesterday of Sutton sleeping on the way home from the pool and Target. His carseat in my car is narrower and has headrests on either side. But we were in Adam's car, and that carseat is wide open, so he wasn't used to it and just kept falling lower and lower as he slept. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment