Adam's started classes at WSU for his Master's in teaching, so that means that Sutton and I get some quality Mommy-Baby time while Daddy's gone one evening per week.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: life with this baby is getting so much harder! In a good way, of course.
He's full-on walking now, and he loves to be in my lap. So most of our time is spent with me sitting on the floor playing with him or reading (since we have no TV, shucks), and he walks/crawls around on top of me, onto the furniture, over the dogs, down his slide, behind the couch...and then does it all over again.
Luckily he's still taking two naps each day (though they seem to be getting shorter and shorter), so that gives me a little break.
I'm also having to discipline a lot more. He's becoming a stubborn and defiant little bugger. We've had two time-outs and the biggest issues are hitting (us or the dogs) and throwing his food on the floor. He mostly does the latter because he thinks it's funny when the dogs get his food.
I wouldn't change a thing! I'm amazed every day that this ridiculous baby is mine and that he's so perfect. Just today in the grocery store, a checker couldn't get over how handsome he is, and after she finally asked why he was so handsome, I said "He has a very handsome Daddy." Just gotta get a little bragging in there. :)
In addition to that crazy little man, work has been ridiculous too. Not that you care, but to make myself feel better, here's what I have on my plate right now to get my business up and running again:
-finish tweaking my website and get more photos posted
-design new business cards
-design ads for marketing
-design all new forms (model releases, new client info, print releases, etc)
-decide on and order packaging (for prints, mailers, discs, etc.)
-re-working how I do babies/kids photo shoots with an option of an indoor location
All that in addition to my regular workload, which is stacking up a bit. I've got 7 wedding albums to design, 2 weddings to edit, lots of portrait shoots coming up that will need to be edited, answering emails, and all my bookkeeping stuff.
Phew!
I can't think about it all at once or I'll lose sleep at night.
But...if any of you are interested, you should go check out my new website. Once it's finished, I'm sure I'll post about it again, but I love how it's turning out...so pretty! Click here or on the photo to get to it, and be sure to bookmark ginadreherphotography.com!



No comments:
Post a Comment