Not quite sure why, but I love the state fair. It's so dirty and Kansas-y and full of questionable people, but I love it. Maybe it's just the time of year, maybe it's that I know I get to spend a few hours with Adam doing nothing but indulging in fair food. Who knows. It's fun.
And Sutton actually enjoyed it this year! Several people asked us if this was his first fair, and we said no, it was his second but that he was really little the first time around. I remember last year, hoping that this year he'd be able to do more. We've still got a ways to go, but he made the fair so much more fun than it's been in the past years.
(Disclaimer: All pictures were taken with our little point-and-shoot because it's SO much easier to carry around, but looking at these kind of makes me want to scratch my eyes out because I had no control over the exposure.)
Had to have our pre-fair snack of goldfish. Just readying the tummy.
It was a lot colder this year than last. And a little rainy. For those of you who aren't from Kansas, it cooled down from 100 degrees last week to about 59 this week. I guess I shouldn't be surprised...after all, it IS Kansas.
We first stopped at the indoor food court to feed Sutton his (non-fair-food) lunch. He kept giggling during lunch...he was just excited to be there, I guess.
My first purchase, the annual bierock.
Adam got things started off with a slice of pepperoni pizza.
Sutton was enjoying his mac n' cheese.
Then we walked over to the livestock area. I hadn't been here in past years - I didn't even know where it was! But we wanted to be sure to go there this time since we knew Sutton would like seeing the animals.
Umm...weird.
Then it was over to the petting zoo. Another new thing for us. Sutton had fun petting all the animals.
Can I just say that I have the most attractive husband in the world? And now that he's a Dad...oh my gosh...it's all over. I'm just smitten. :)
Teeny baby goats cuddled together for warmth. They are not yet trained up in the ways of the world, they weren't begging for food like the older kids. (Haha, get it?)
This baby piglet was TINY. You totally can't tell the size here, but take my word for it. There were two others to the right sleeping under a heating lamp, so they must've been pretty new!
The camel tryin to give me a smoochie smooch.
This one had its tongue sticking out the whole time.
See?
Then it was time for more food. Fried cookie dough! Holy cow. SO GOOD. But they gave me three cookies and after two, I was done...they were just so rich. Adam got some roasted corn, but that picture must've somehow got deleted. Sad.
Then we had to make a stop at the John Deeres so Sutton could climb around a little. We decided to make this photo a tradition. So here he is last year at the fair, and this year!
Had to test out the hot tubs.
Enter the caramel apple. This was his FAVORITE. He was begging for a bite, so Adam let him try it, and he couldn't get enough. We had no idea how crazy he'd go over this. Adam ended up eating most of the caramel off and then just giving the rest to him.
Lol. So I know this is an unattractive picture of him, but it made us laugh so I had to post it. GET IT SUTTON!!
He honestly, held onto the apple on the stick for the next hour until we left. I had to pry it out of his hand in the carseat on the way home and he got real mad but he was making a huge mess and it was turning all brown and gross.
Our little family at the fair! Such a fun day and fun memories. Can't wait til next year when Sutton can try more of the food and get really excited about all the animals. (Please notice he's still holding the apple.)































No comments:
Post a Comment