Since I'm a photographer, you all may think that that means I'm creative in other areas, crafty even.
I AM NOT.
I wish I was, but it's just not a skill I have. My dream is to find something I'm really good at making and to open an etsy shop and make millions, but I don't see that actually happening.
In my pursuit of furthering this skill, I have been given several pieces of furniture that I plan on refinishing. We're 1 for 1 so far. I started small and easy. It's a black wire stand. Required no sanding, no priming, just needed a punch of color...and 2 coats of spray paint did the trick.
Before:
After:
Just a fun, bright teal since that's one of my business colors. And below, you'll see it serving it's purpose: holding my photo sleeves and mailing supplies in my office. I thought about doing the "dipped" look and dipping the legs in bright green or something up to the bottom shelf, but I think that's a little ambitious of me at this point. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment