Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Slow Cooker Recipes

HI!

Miss me?

Life got the better of me again. Alas, I don't have any photos for you BUT, I have TWO great slow cooker recipes for the cookily-challenged out there like me. I've fallen in love with my crockpot. I was inspired by Kelly's Korner Blog's crockpot recipe link up. I fished through the recipes and have tried two that were both awesome. So I thought I'd share.

Salsa Chicken

2 chicken breasts
Taco seasoning
Cream of mushroom soup
1 cup salsa
8 oz sour cream

Put chicken in crockpot, top with seasoning. Mix salsa and soup, and put on top. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. Just before you're ready to eat, add in sour cream and let it get warm. Serve in tortillas, over rice, or in taco shells with lettuce, cheese, etc. We shredded it all up and made kind of a thick sauce/dip/amazingness with it.

Amazing Crockpot Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1 stick butter
1 brick cream cheese
Dry Italian seasoning packet

Put chicken in crockpot, top with seasoning. Put butter and cream cheese on top. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. You'll probably want to mash up the butter and cream cheese at some point. Once again, we shredded up the chicken after it was done cooking and served it over rice. YUMMMM.

You should try them both and YOU'RE WELCOME. :)

I have one more main dish to try (Chicken Tacos) and then a few sides that I might make during the holidays to take to gatherings with family and friends...this year I might actually make something instead of just running to Dillons. I'll try to make my Dad proud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment