So Saturday after Sutton's morning nap, we fed him and headed over to Woofstock. For those of you who don't know, it's a little festival at Sedgwick County Park that's geared towards dogs and dog-owners. There are lots of booths you can walk around and look at, shop, and let your dogs try dog beds and test out tennis balls. Our local radio station 105.3 The Buzz (my fave) puts it on, so they emcee and have contests and music too.
We hadn't gone the past few years because I've had weddings, so it was fun to go again. Sadly, we did not bring our puppies (gasp) as we felt it would've been tough to wrangle two dogs and a kid who wants to walk but needs lots of help, especially on uneven ground.
I think we've officially out-grown onesies and are in real shirts now. Another milestone. Sigh. Sutton loved walking around and pointed out ALL the dogs so he could make sure we saw them. He calls puppies "da-DEE!"s.
One of the rows of vendors. On the other side of these tents there were dog runs where you could race your dog against other people's. We decided our dogs would fail miserably because Sadie would get distracted by all the people and Diesel would want to sniff everything along the run. And he's fat.
We met this tiny little tea-cup chihuahua whose name was...Sadie! Polar opposite of ours. Sutton thought a dog that tiny was pretty fun.
Then we met two big dogs that were really furry. He wanted to talk to them, and he kept sticking his hands in their mouths. Luckily they were really nice and laid back. So were the owners.
There were lots of dogs in Halloween costumes. We saw several tutus and some top hats. We also saw some Dobermans that were Axl's coloring and very pretty. It was weird to see Dobermans whose ears stand up like they're supposed to since Sadie's weren't fixed properly and flop down all the time.
And the whole reason we went...I got to meet Kellie Rasberry! She is one of the DJs on the morning show I listen to - Kidd Kraddick in the Morning. I can only listen to it on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I'm working and don't have Sutton (I stream it through my computer), but I've been listening to it since my college days when I mowed and trimmed lawns at a nursing home (weird, I know). The show is based down in Texas and they get all kinds of celebrities and I totally felt weird that I know everything about her and she wouldn't even remember me 2 seconds later. Oh well. She liked Sutton's strawberry blonde hair since she's a redhead. :)
So to finish up our perfect Saturday, we spent the rest of the day just hanging out with no obligations, had Panera for dinner, and took a trip to Lowe's for some of the supplies for our many house projects. Today we rearranged our living room and gave our house a good cleaning. We had lunch with my parents, supper with Adam's parents, and took another Lowe's trip in between. Great weekend! Feeling very blessed.






#1 - I didn't know that you mowed lawns!!!!!
ReplyDelete#2 - don't you love how our doggies take back seat to our human babies? I mean, we swore it wouldn't happen... sigh :)