...GIRL!
I know I'm a little slow at posting this, so hopefully you weren't all waiting on pins and needles.
Rachael and Matt are having a baby girl! I'm so excited and overwhelmed and out of my element. Girl babies seem like aliens to me. :) Can't wait to spoil her though. I had always thought it would be a boy, but then in the last week or so, I wasn't so sure. I ended up wearing blue to the party, so I guess in the end, that was my final answer.
So wrong. :)
I was so glad to be wrong though, since I knew Rachael really really wanted a girl. She and Matt had both thought it was a boy too, so they were in crazy shock after the sono.
I drove up to KC Friday evening and arrived just before the big gender reveal party. Rachael's friend Beth and I helped a bit with decorating and cooking, and then everyone else got there.
Here's photo proof that she's finally got a teeny little belly. Smallest pregnant lady ever award goes to... :)
Team pink:
Team blue:
For the big moment, Matt really wanted to use blue or pink smoke bombs. Since it was cold out, we went downstairs to their walkout basement and watched through the window as he lit smoke bombs whose color was concealed inside an egg carton. It was windy, and he had a heck of a time getting them to light. He gave up on the lighter and used matches...it took.so.looooong. We were all freaking out. Then PINK SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE!!!!!!!!! And there was lots of screaming and hugging. I didn't take any photos of that part since I just wanted to be a part of it. So here's the aftermath the next day.
And Rachael wanted to do some 'It's a Girl!' photos the next day, so we just went out in their backyard real quickly to grab a few fun photos to commemorate the excitement.
So excited for a baby girl. It'll be so fun to do something different. Can't wait to get knee-deep in ruffles and bows!!








No comments:
Post a Comment