Sutton, at 19 months...
*It seems as though you learn something new or develop a new skill every day. I am LOVING this age so much. I try to test you and teach you as much as I can...cycling through the words you can say, trying to get you to say more, asking you to do things to see if you understand, encouraging your independence. I'm finally feeling like a "parent" in that I am striving to help you develop into a smart and talented young man!
*You have lots of new words this month. I tried to keep a list but I'm sure we're missing a few: bubble (usually in reference to the air bubbles used as packing cushion that we like to pop), car, boat, ba-ball (basketball), bird, gawk-gawk (for duck...I think you're trying to say quack-quack, and this is how I first said duck when I was a baby, so that's kinda fun), alright!, copter (helicopter), battery, and the favorite that I hear 21,944 times each day: eeeeee, GO! (ready, go!).
*Dancing. Ohhhhh, the dancing. You are the most interesting dancer I've ever seen. This is probably the hobby of yours that you spend the most time doing. I love it.
*You finally are sitting down in the tub during bathtime and playing, instead of standing the whole time clinging to the edge waiting to get out. After I wash you, I let you play with your toys and foam alphabet for probably 10-15 minutes til the water's cold.
*You still take 2 naps most days. There are some days you just take one long one, but that's usually only if we have something in the morning that runs into your nap time and you are so done with life by that point.
*Our sweet friend Ginger is watching you on Thursdays while I scramble to try to get some work done. You do so great there, and Ginger sends me videos of you dancing with Avery. :)
*We mostly have you eat whatever we're eating, and you do pretty well. You definitely dislike most vegetables, and I think your ultimate favorite is strawberries. You've started drinking chocolate milk this month and you can down that by the gallon.
*You love to make us laugh. Your such a goofball...that was one of the things that I loved from the start about your daddy, so I'm glad you have it too. We just love having fun together, and if you do something that makes us laugh, you'll clap and do it again. One thing that can really get us going is when you toot...I know I shouldn't encourage it, but it's so funny that YOU already think tooting is funny.
*You made up a new game where you pull the throw rug from the back door into the middle of the room. You stand on it and say "eeeee GO!" and run to the other rug by the front door. And then back. And then again. And again. You usually end up making me do most of the running.
*You love to help, so I try to let you help as much as I can. You help me throw laundry down the laundry shoot (as evidenced in the video below), you help me put soap in the dishwasher, you help me put your cars away and even close the dryer after we're done loading it. Be careful what you wish for, you'll be getting your very own chores before you know it!
*You've known where your belly is for quite awhile and will lift up your shirt if we ask you where it is. But this month you've learned where your nose is (and mommy's and daddy's noses) and you kind of know about eyes too.
*Your hair is super dark red from being inside all winter. It's so pretty and we get compliments on it all the time.
*You're sleeping from about 8pm til about 7-7:30am each night. You're a perfect sleeper, you go down without a fuss and usually don't make a peep til morning. I'm so grateful because I need my 8 hours every night. :)
*I know every kid has things that are special and unique about them, but I thank God every day that I got YOU as my baby. You are so amazing and you fit in our little family perfectly. We're so proud of you and your awesome little personality and feel so blessed to be your parents!





He does have pretty red hair. When I saw you all at church on Sunday I couldn't believe how red it was, it doesn't translate in the pics like that. Micah is a red head (sort of) and I would love it if his turns out darker like Sutton's! This is a fun age and it just keeps getting more fun!
ReplyDelete