Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Suttons "Cah"

Now that I'm working from home, all my prints and albums are delivered here, so I have an abundance of cardboard boxes. I get restless when Sutton and I don't have something productive to do, so I decided to combine the two issues and make him a car out of a cardboard box. Car is one of Sutton's words, but he pronounces it like a New Yorker..."cah."


We started with a plain box that I cut the top flaps off of.


Put the baby in paint clothes and got to work!


Every time I put a new color on the plate, he would dip his brush in it, and then try to grab the paint off the brush. So he ended up with more paint on his hand, belly, and pants than on the cah.




After I we finished painting all four sides, I put the dogs in the bedroom and carried the messy baby to the bathtub. As I was stripping him down and washing him off, he was playing with the faucet and accidentally turned the shower on, which drenched him. Screaming commenced.



The kitchen floor was a casualty, despite my best efforts.


The painted box. Isn't it pretty? This didn't cost me a dime...I actually dug out some of my old acrylic paints from my college art class days, so this was expensive paint, but hadn't been used in years, so I figured it was fine.


During naptime, I painted some wheels and other details so that he would realize it was a cah. 


When he got up, he got some rides in his sweet new wheels. Then he decided his turtle needed a ride. (This turtle is like his babydoll. It's actually for a sprinkler in the summer, but he puts it to bed at night and likes to carry it around). Oh....and feel free to press mute on this one. My voice is NOT like it sounds in my head...

1 comment:

  1. for what it's worth...I hate my recorded voice too!! I continue to tell myself that I don't sound like that to other people. we can live in denial together. :o)

    ReplyDelete