Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lately...

Just a random sampling of photos from my phone. That's about all we have time for these days...life is BUSY.


I had an awesome but tiring wedding on Saturday. I don't know what it was, but it beat me down more than usual. I was so-ore. So Sunday evening, we decided to go on a last minute date night to see The Avengers. We were also celebrating Adam finishing his masters classes for this semester. Hooray! We went to the downtown theater where you can order food right at your seat, and we gorged ourselves since we never go to the movies anymore. Pizza, popcorn, and Dr Pepper were my choices. Yummm. But it's been bread and water ever since. Junk food always sounds good at the time...but then makes you feel like a cow afterward. Ha. :)


Sutton still really likes his jumper. Not sure how much longer it'll be safe, but he can keep enjoying it for now. He likes to have all his blankies tucked in around him. If and when they fall out from all his flailing, he's figured out how to pick them up with his feet. Such a smartie.
All you moms with iPhones out there have surely done the trick where you turn the camera around so your baby can watch himself. Well, we were doing that one day and Sutton took this photo of him and me. Budding photographer? :)


I don't like to post bath photos normally, but thought this one was pretty cute and "safe." You see that crazy red hair? We get comments from strangers on it every day!


Sutton is very sensitive to the sun, so we're always having him wear his sunglasses. If he sees me put mine on, he says "Mommy glasses, baby glasses?" Only not that clear. :) On this afternoon, he wanted to wear Mommy's glasses.


We recently gave baby boy his summer haircut. If I haven't mentioned it before, he's a SWEATY baby. I've never met someone that sweats so much. And his mop of hair was always getting soaked and curly. So we took the clippers to it. Above is the before, below is the after.


It's a little too short for my taste (although it looks cute in this particular photo), but I'm sure he feels much better. You may have also noticed his little friend in the background. Yoda is his new buddy. They have all kinds of adventures together. Sutton even likes to put him "Nigh night" by laying him down and giving him his blankies. He often puts him in his high chair and tries to feed him too.


Sometimes he gets to come along on outdoor adventures. Such as playing in the birdbath.


And Diesel's thriving as the only Dreher Dog. He's come out of his shell and is more like his puppy-self. He doesn't always shut himself off in our bedroom anymore, he likes to come hang out with us now, and he'll play fetch outside. I've been taking him with us in the car more often, and he always comes out with me to my studio while I work. Definitely reaffirms the decision we made with Sadie.

In other news, wedding season is in full swing. I'm a busy lady, working til the wee hours most nights to edit photos. It's easy to get burnt out in my line of work since it's all evenings and weekends and cuts into my family time like nobody's business. But I'm enjoying it lately...trying to stay positive and realize how lucky I am to have such a great job that provides for my family. Life is good! God has blessed us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the helpful doggie tips! Hopefully we're getting a little closer to getting our first puppy!

    ReplyDelete