Wow...this post should've been up on Wednesday but it's been a crazy week! I had to take my belly picture myself on a timer and Sutton really wanted to join in.
How far along? 18 weeks
Weight gain: 13 pounds
Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet potato...our sonogram this week said Baby weighed 7 ounces
Food cravings/aversions: Nothing has sounded good lately other than ice cream because that's the only thing that doesn't give me heartburn/acid reflux. I have been eating more veggies (raw, still can't stand cooked) and fruit.
Sleeping: The acid reflux and more frequent nausea (yes, again) has been making sleep a bit more difficult. But when I do sleep, I sleep hard, which is nice.
Milestones: So much movement. I love it, though it still feels a little funky. During our sonogram on Wednesday, we found out that the baby is healthy! Praise God! That was something I've been worrying about since we decided to have a second baby...that he or she would be healthy. We also now know the gender and will share the news soon, after we've had a chance to tell all of our family.
How I'm Feeling: The nausea is still here, possibly coming back more often. I'd been down to feeling bad once every three days, but now it's pretty much every evening again. Nausea + exhaustion + heartburn = me trying not to be cranky and worthless.
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: I got food poisoning on Sunday evening, spent the entire night in the bathroom until we finally decided to go in to the ER Monday morning at 5am. Luckily Adam's mom was able to take me so Adam could stay with Sutton and take him to school that morning. They checked Baby's heartbeat, gave me some anti-nausea stuff and a bag of fluids since dehydration was the biggest concern. Big thanks to Adam's parents for picking Sutton up and keeping him all afternoon so I could sleep and try to recover the rest of the day. Ugh! I think this is what made my nausea come back a bit, so maybe after a week or so of recovery, we'll be back to normal!

No comments:
Post a Comment