Wednesday, September 11, 2013

16 Weeks {Baby #2}

I apologize for that last post. He did warn me that it was coming at some point, but as he knows all my passwords and can access this blog at any time...it was a surprise. :)



How far along? 16 weeks

Weight gain: Not sure.

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Food cravings/aversions: Cereal, egg sandwiches. Still not wanting meat or veggies.

Sleeping: Same with the turning over, peeing, and dreaming. 

Milestones: Baby is developing body fat, his/her heart is regulated by his/her brain (instead of beating randomly), and he/she is about to go through a big growth spurt! Breathing and bending over are becoming more and more challenging for me by the day. If I already feel this way, who knows what it's going to be like at 20, 30, 40 weeks! Maternity clothes make up more than half of my wardrobe now.

How I'm Feeling: Feeling better more often than not, but still relatively sick. I threw up again on Sunday. I've been trying Jolly Ranchers and Tootsie Pops when I'm feeling gross and that seems to be helping a bit. I'll take a Zofran if it's really bad and I have to work. I haven't been napping as much since I'm busier with work now and I've been pretty tired. Also having some congestion which they say is common. Poor Adam...between my loud breathing and constant flipping over at night...he probably wants to kick me out of bed. Lastly...I'm feeling like I'm gaining weight all around this pregnancy instead of just in my belly. Hopefully once I'm feeling good I can step up the workouts and eat only chicken and veggies!

Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: Sutton started swimming lessons last Thursday and I luckily still fit into my regular swimsuit, though I felt like a whale. We'll see if I can make it til the end of the month (when lessons are over) with this suit! Sutton likes to list all of his best buddies, and they usually change though I'm generally in there somewhere. This week, he listed Mommy, Daddy, and the baby as ALL his best buddies. It was really sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I hear you about gaining weight all over! I got to wear a pair of jeans once from Motherhood maternity and had to go back and exchange up to the next size! They say when you gain weight all over it is a girl...but I was also one of those people that never ever gained weight in their stomach. Who knows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy! You look adorable (even if you aren't feeling so swell...) xo!

    ReplyDelete