Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

We were going to go to the pumpkin patch on Friday after Adam got off of work, but it rained ice on us that day (what?!). Our weekends are always full with me shooting weddings and Adam's indoor fly-ins now that it's fall/winter, so we squeezed in a trip to the pumpkin patch before the wedding I shot on Saturday.

Since we were a bit limited on time, we went to Cox Farms this year because it's closer than Applejack, which is where we've got in the past. I think I prefer Applejack, but Sutton sure had fun at Cox!


There was a little hay maze for the kiddos that he ran around in.



Some playground equipment that he loved, of course. Some of it was still covered in slush and rain, so it was a little damp but we made due.




Crazy to think this will be the last time at the pumpkin patch with just the three of us! (Sutton is obsessed with making this face these days...)


My cute boys. :)


We took a hayrack ride around the farm and eventually stopped next to a couple of pumpkin patches and a little area with goats and a llama. There was a bucket of food to feed them, and Sutton took about three or four handfuls to them before we could tear him away. I'm sure those animals are well-fed.


The pumpkins were kind of expensive, so we decided we'd just buy one small one for the experience. We walked around the area that had the small pumpkins and found the perfect one.



Daddy told Sutton to try to take a bite of it. :)


I wanted to try to get a photo of Sutton and his brother...it kinda worked. This will look much better next year. :)



We walked back over to the main play area through the pumpkin patch and they were loading up this little cow train ride. Sutton loved it.


Then we played a little more on the slide and hay maze before heading out.






And asked a stranger to take a quick family photo before we left.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Michael has a gray hat just like that! I felt like I was looking at a little crazy, red-headed Michael when I saw Sutton at first. :-) He (Sutton) is so funny, and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture the stranger took turned out MUCH better than our stranger-taker picture!

    ReplyDelete