Pretending to be asleep.
My first-ever Pumpkin Spice Latte. It was pretty good!
While waiting in line to get the latte picture above, Sutton and I were having a serious conversation. He was telling me how he does bad things sometimes so God came to his world to save him. :)
We had mac n cheese at 10am one day because we both really didn't want to wait til lunch.
The love each other.
I took Sutton to the park one night to feed the ducks and geese. I warned him beforehand that they might be a little excited and get really close to him but that he didn't need to be scared. They hissed and were greedy and a little scary, but he didn't get scared at all! I probably gave him a little TOO much confidence.
After feeding them, we played a little at the playground and then saw this awesome sunset as we were leaving.
He took his very first swim lessons! We went Thursday mornings throughout September and he did so good. He amazed me. If nothing else, he gained a lot of confidence in the water. He now knows how to kick his feet, paddle like a puppy, and blow bubbles with his mouth. He likes to crawl around like an alligator in the really shallow part too.
I found a recipe for cloud dough (shaving cream + cornstarch) on Pinterest and we tried it out. Didn't really go as planned and made a major mess.
He found one of my bras and came into my room one morning saying "Look Mommy! I'm a girl!"
And then because that made me laugh so hard, he went and dug some high heels out of my closet and said it again.
Having a lunch conversation.

He got a little fat lip and insisted on having a bandaid.

We took lunch to Adam's class one day. Sutton is like a celebrity there. They all get so excited to see him.

He even went out to recess with them after lunch and all the little girlies had to take turns pushing him.

We were having a serious conversation where I was having a meltdown because he's going to grow up and leave me some day for another girl that he'll love more and he said "It's ok Mommy. You can still be my best buddy." Melt my heart. Then he made a bunch of faces. :)

Playing with a rollie pollie one day near the front door kept him busy for quite awhile. I think it ended up dead. :/

After I picked him up from school one day, we went on a pizza date because...well, I'm pregnant and what kid is gonna say no to pizza?

We did a little experiment to see how well he could copy simple lines and circles that I drew. He did pretty good! We went to his very first parent-teacher conference about a week or so later and apparently he didn't do so well with a similar test there...oh well.

We went to go see Grandma Janet on her birthday.
Another pregnancy craving. I may have eaten an entire bag of these in one day...
Water, buckets, and chalk can keep a kid entertained for a surprisingly long time.
We hadn't spent much time just the three of us, so Adam told us we were having a family date one Friday night. When he got home from work, we packed our backpacks and "hiked" around the block to our camping spot...

...which ended up being in my studio where Adam had set up a whole campsite.
We made monster puppets, grilled hot dogs, popped popcorn, and watched movies. I retired to the house, but the boys spent the night out there.
One of Sutton's favorite toys is my eyelash curler. He calls it his motorcycle.
And he looks so cute in my glasses. :)
I pulled out a long-sleeved shirt one crisp morning and couldn't get over how cute he looked.
We had a surprise party for Janet's birthday, and here are Ed and Janet with their kids.
And with their grandkids.
My hospital bracelet and cuddle buddy from when I got food poisoning a few weeks ago.
On our way to our big gender/anatomy sonogram! Contrary to the photo, Sutton was very excited. We had to wake him up from his nap for the appointment, hence the watery eyes.
Our cute baby BOY! His profile looks similar to Sutton's sonogram, so it'll be very interesting to see how much they look alike.

For a Throwback Thursday, me and my first fat baby.
Sutton crowned poor Diesel.
My brother Michael, brother-in-law Steve, and Adam loaded our piano to take to my grandparents' house. Sutton thought he was a big helper.
The Saturday my bro and sis-in-law Sara were in town, Sutton napped at my parents one day. I made him a nest on the floor. :)
We had brownies that night at my parents and my dad asked me cut him a middle piece. So I did.
While Michael and Sara were here, we threw them a mini baby shower. Since they flew with just carry-ons, we couldn't get them anything big, but wanted to do something since this was the last time we'll see them before Baby comes!
Sutton was trying to wait patiently for cake.
I also took their maternity photos while they were here. Click here to check them out on my other blog.
And then just a couple sweet photos of Sutton playing with my Grandma.











































No comments:
Post a Comment