Monday, December 16, 2013

November


In early November, we took a Saturday morning trip to the zoo. Right at the entrance, they had some really pretty fall colors!


Daddy & Sutton checking out the penguins. Sutton said he wanted to sit here and watch them for a long time.


My handsome boy.


Sutton's little buddy Hunter and his daddy Weston came along with us to the zoo that day...I think it was Hunter's first time there.


I mentioned that I got Adam a projector for his birthday. Well, the first night we opened it up, we didn't have any screens to project it on, so they watched a show on the ceiling.


Telling Daddy goodnight one evening and playing with his beard.


Sutton's cousins Aubrynn and Breegan had a joint birthday party at Pump It Up. Sutton had lots of fun, but was still a bit too small for a lot of the inflatables. He sure liked driving around the cars though!




After play time, it was cake time!



The birthday girls:


One day, I decided Coldstone ice cream for lunch seemed like a good idea...and here are the many tries to get a smile from this boy. I was unsuccessful.





I always think our street looks so pretty in the fall. So I finally stopped one day to take a photo of it. Looked so much prettier in real life.


I thought Sutton looked like a little hipster in this outfit.


Just running around our front yard.


My point of view. And this was over a month ago, so you can imagine what it's like now. :)


We got this ad in the mail from a chain photography studio that will remain unnamed. Boasting about "friendly photographers that move" made me laugh.


Just me and my boy.


Ginger and I while photographing our last wedding before my baby gets here!


Daddy made a leaf pile for Sutton. He ran around and jumped in it with only socks and no shoes, which made me cringe, but whatever...


We hung out with Grandma Ancy and Papa Bruce one Sunday evening. Grandma is always so good about playing with Sutton. I like that he can be interested by something like buttons in this age of technology.


Putting on his own shoes.


I was working in my office one morning while Sutton was at school, and these were all things that made it seem so cozy!


Always interesting to see yourself at work...


Sutton trying to feel the baby move.


He's discovered that when the heater comes on in the bathroom, the floor vent will make a balloon float.


We took Sutton to a free train show at a church by our house one Saturday. He loved it. He even got to make a tree! It's now proudly displayed on his headboard shelf.




He likes to cuddle. I like that he likes to cuddle.


Our Christmas tree!


Sutton and I took a trip to Kansas City the week before Thanksgiving to see Rachael, Matt, and Rowan. I picked him up from school and we headed straight out, so he took his nap in the car that day.


Rowan and Sutton were little buddies, but Sutton was very bossy to her. I'm sure that's how it will be when our new one arrives too. Rowan called him "Sut." Cutest thing. She'd walk around saying "Sut? Sut?" when she woke up in the morning before he did. We ended up staying an extra night as a precaution due to some cold/icy weather, so we got to spend 3 nights there! We had lots of fun but sure missed our daddy.



And Rowan is the cutest little thing that ever lived, the end.


When we got home from our trip, Adam had used his free time to completely clean the house, and he even put up a shelf with this little arrangement in our bedroom. The candle was lit and everything when we arrived home. :)


Sutton's favorite movie Planes came out on DVD, so we had a movie night.


He loves to light candles...just like his mama! {Well, he doesn't do the actual lighting, but he likes looking at them.}


My parents watched Sutton so Adam and I could have a date night at the movies. We ate cheese fries and watched the second Hunger Games movie. So good!


I had to document the day that I could no longer fit in my t-shirts and had to start wearing Adam's.


Sutton waiting for his grandma and grandpa to come over to play.


I ordered some prints for our family! Hooray!


Our new nephew Carson Michael was born the day before Thanksgiving! We are so excited. My brother Michael and his wife Sara didn't find out if they were having a boy or a girl, so there was a lot of anticipation. But he's here and he's perfect!


I have 12 nieces and nephews on Adam's side, but this is our first on my side.



Something I never thought I'd see: my brother changing a diaper. :)

                       

                       

Sutton was really cold after his bath one night, so he cuddled up in his bed while I got his jammies ready.


He made this Thanksgiving headband at school and I asked him if he wanted to wear it on Thanksgiving Day. He did. Awesome and hilarious. We also took my weekly belly photo on Thanksgiving Day that week, and Sutton wanted his own belly photo.


After photos, we headed to Hutch for lunch with my family. Sutton couldn't even stay awake on the drive there and it was only 10am!



But he was excited about the food! His favorite was the cranberry jello that my parents make with pieces of fruit all chopped up in it. And a turkey made out of chocolate and cookies.



Our car was having issues, so we had to borrow Adam's parents' car for awhile. One day, Sutton asked for sunglasses while we were driving, but I only had Grandma Janet's in that car. So that's what he wore. :)


Went for a donut date with my little man over Thanksgiving break.


On the way out to the Thankscamping campsite, I saw some wild turkeys.


A few photos of my boys on the last morning of Thankscamping. Sutton slept out in the tent with his Daddy two nights out of the five nights that Adam was out there. I didn't stay out at all, but went out there each evening to hang out and eat dinner that was cooked over the campfire.



Sutton set up the following photo. He told Daddy where and how to stand for this picture. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment