Friday, March 26, 2010

26 Weeks


How far along? 26 weeks
Weight gain: 21 pounds
Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant
Food cravings/aversions: Cereal is awesome. And chocolate.
Sleeping: As everyone keeps telling me, Bentley's preparing me for little sleep after he's born by kicking while I'm trying to sleep and keeping me up. Especially in the mornings. He's gonna be a morning person like his dad.
Milestones: Bending over is officially difficult. Some of my regular t-shirts that I bum around in during the evenings are too short. And I visited our daycare this week! I felt like it was my first "mom thing" to do. We're having daycare two days a week so that I can hopefully get some work done at the studio. I don't want full-time daycare because I don't think I could handle being away from the little dude that much. We'll see how it goes! The daycare seems like it's going to be great, we know the couple - her hubby teaches 2nd grade at Adam's school, and she has a degree in early childhood education, so I'm pretty pumped about it!
Weird things I read online: Baby weighs about 2 pounds and normal weight gain for mom by this point is 16-22 pounds, and I'm in that range. Woohoo! And Bentley's eyes are starting to open this week. Weird. I wonder if he can see anything other than darkness?
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: For the past week and a half, I've been getting pains at the top of my uterus that feel kind of like a bruise. They only happen if I'm standing or walking for an extended period of time, but it still made me a little nervous. I called my doctor and they said it sounded like normal stretching/expanding pains, but that the top of my uterus is probably more sensitive to it because of the surgery I had, which makes sense. I'm thinking of investing in one of those belly supporter things for when I have to photograph weddings because the pain tends to go away if I lift or support my belly with my hands.
Things I'm struggling with trying to decide this week: cloth diapers (though I think we'll end up doing disposable), vaccinations, using the BirthCare Center or the hospital, epidural vs. no epidural. So many decisions.

3 comments:

  1. hi, i'm becky boyd, i dont know if you'll remember me from one of the workshops i took with you and lindsey or not, but i follow your photography blog and recently just started reading your personal blog.

    what caught my eye was your struggle with vaccinations. i wanted to know your take on it. when my husband and i had our first child we opted for no vaccinations, and we actually just started vaccinating our 2 children and they are 5 and 3. its still scary to me. and very torturing. anyway, i didnt know if you were leaning towards no vaccinations or not, i haven't met many people that go that way. anywho! congrats on your pregnancy! my hubs and i are expecting our 3rd child in sept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky - I actually haven't gathered a lot of info yet on the vaccination issue. I think it's one of those things that you just have to make a personal decision because (at least this is what I've found) it's so easy to be persuaded either way. No matter what, I know you have to vaccinate before they begin attending school, so we'd have to do it at some point. Sorry I can't be of more help...I don't really know which way I'm leaning yet. And CONGRATS on your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, when my mother in law approached us about the issue with our first born, i was like what? seriously? i never knew there were people out there that didn't vaccinate. she provided enough proof for my husband to say no to vaccinating our children until they get older and their immune systems can handle it. so we waited. i waited too long though and now its crunch time for school. and i'm personally tortured with putting my kids through it. lol. and i'm also scared that i might give them too much at one time and do some sort of damage! who knows though like you said. its all personal and i wish you the best of luck with that. its a very big decision. i know i got a lot of crap about it but it is a personal choice we make for our children. i cant wait to see pics of your lil guy though!! i look forward to it.

    oh and its awesome that lindsey is also pregnant! and having a boy at that!! totally cool!!

    ReplyDelete