Sunday, October 24, 2010

One Year Ago...

One year ago today, we found out that we were expecting this amazing blessing:

In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined a more perfect baby. Sure, he throws fits every now and then, and I have had my meltdowns too. But this little man has stolen my heart in every way. God knew exactly what Adam and I needed in a baby, and wrapped it all up in the handsome little package that is Sutton!

I took his 4 month photos this morning, but had to use the opposite side of the porch swing due to the sun. I've decided I want all his monthly photos the same, so I'm going to retake them when the sun moves. Today is also Sutton's 4 month birthday...he was born exactly 8 months after we found out about him.

I'll never forget that day. As many of you know...our journey to have a baby had been long and difficult. After all that had happened, we'd been cleared to begin trying to get pregnant in September 2009, but my doctor didn't put me on Femara (similar to Clomid) yet. I really thought I was pregnant that September. The night before I was getting ready to take a pregnancy test, I started my cycle.

I was devastated.

But, trying to look on the bright side, this meant that for this new cycle, we'd be starting Femara. Since the fertility drug had worked so well for us the first time, I had high hopes.

The morning of October 24, 2009, Adam and I were at the studio doing a couple things for my work. I was debating about whether or not I should take a pregnancy test, as I thought it might still be too early to tell. We'd driven separately to the studio, so Adam left while I finished up a few things. On my way home, I stopped by Jiffy Lube to get the oil in my Jeep changed, and they totally tried to rip me off. So I ended up having the guy call Adam and he spoke with him on my cell phone. I still ended up spending more than I should've. :)

The oil guy was also a "photographer" and so I had to talk with him about that forEVER because he saw the photo equipment in my Jeep.

Finally, they finished and I was able to go home. I posted the rest of the story of that day back in December when we announced our pregnancy, and you can read about it by clicking here.

Needless to say, the test I took that day was positive, and I was so excited and terrified at the same time.

One year later...and we have the best 4 month old baby boy that we could ask for. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment