Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sutton { 4 Months }

I had Adam come over to block the sun on Sutton's face, and the cute baby immediately was enamored with his daddy and started smiling at him.

Happy 4 months, Sutton Grey! You have brought SO much love to my life...more than I knew was ever possible. At 4 months:

-You're SO expressive. Your smiles are so handsome, and they happen all the time! You especially love it when your daddy gets home. You save up all your extra smiles for him.

-You love to jump. Whether we're standing you on our lap, holding you, or if you're sitting on our knee, you are always trying to bounce up and down. I'd think you'd have burnt off those thunder thighs by now, but no dice.

-You love your Jumperoo. You just go to town. It's our go-to to make you happy and to tire you out.
This was originally going to be the 4 month photo, it was taken this morning, but then I decided I wanted them all on the same side of the bench, so we had to wait for the sun to play nice. Meanwhile, we went through three outfits...

-You're getting to have more of a routine. Up until this point, we've pretty much just fed you when you were hungry, let you sleep when you fell asleep, and played with you while you were awake. We tried to loosely stick to the eat, play, sleep pattern that our pediatrician told us about, but it was kind of whatever. Now, you generally have a long morning and afternoon nap with a few short naps in between.

-You eat around every 4 hours. Sometimes sooner, sometimes longer. 

-You sleep from about 9:30 til 8, getting up once or twice to eat. Last night we had a great night...8 hours solid! But then I had to come wake you up because I was in pain. :)

-You're wearing a size 2 diaper, but who knows how long that will last. You've had a couple blow-outs lately that have ruined some clothes, so I tried some size 3s on you, and they seemed HUGE but contained the mess. Not sure what we'll do there.


-Your hands are ALWAYS in your mouth. I'm trying to encourage the pacifier over the hands, but you like to pull out your pacifier and put your hands in there. You also make really loud smacking noises when you're sucking on your hands. You will definitely be one of those babies who puts everything in your mouth. Fun fun.

-We had our first horrible, terrible, no-good day at daycare. I had to go pick you up on Tuesday because you wouldn't calm down unless Sam was holding you. She has several other kids there too, and so I just decided that I would go get you. I don't think you were feeling well because you rarely act like that. We've been having some tummy/pooping issues, so most likely that was it. You came to the studio to help me work for awhile and then Daddy picked you up so I could do my photo shoot that evening. It all worked out. And it made me feel like a real mom. :)

-I think we're getting to the point where you prefer Mom and Dad over everyone else. I'm glad you love me, but we're gonna have to push through this if it gets to be a big issue.

-You still love to talk to us, though sometimes it's hard for you to talk around your hands in your mouth.

-You LOVE sticking your left leg up in the air. All the time. Diaper changes are fun. Here's a photo of you doing it (AND we have the bonus of the hand in our mouth, yes!):

-Your hair growth is still lacking, but your thigh growth is as abundant as ever.

-You're wearing 3-6 month clothes, and even a few of those are too small. Some of them are too big though, so I think we're in the right size for now.

-I don't know if it's just a fluke, but you grab and pull at my shirt sometimes around when it's time to eat. Maybe you're just that smart.

-You are ALWAYS trying to sit up on your own. You're not quite able to, but you sure try. I had to tighten the harness in your carseat because you always strain against it to try and sit up. Here's photo evidence of that little trick:
 

-The carseat is pretty much too heavy for me to carry now. I can get you to and from the house to the car, but when we go to stores, I put you in a sling to carry you. It's easier so far.

-You're not rolling over, but you like to roll onto your side. Generally this happens while I'm changing your diaper, so again, that makes it super fun. Your big head may be what's keeping you from rolling over. :)

-You've really started enjoying bath time. When I put you in your tub, you just go to town splashing with your legs. It's a good thing we started putting your tub in our big tub when we bathe you instead of on the kitchen counter. You usually splash out half the water through the course of your bath.

-We've gotten a couple of belly laughs from you. They're my favorite...besides the noise you make when you yawn. :) The latest thing that makes you laugh is when I come in and plant a huge kiss on your face repeatedly. You love kisses from Mommy! They always make you open your mouth for some reason...


-You're a pro at playing with toys that are hanging in front of you. So you love your bouncy seat, your play mat, your swing, and of course your Jumperoo.

-Not sure on your stats yet, we'll find that out tomorrow and report back. I'm still gonna guess about 17 pounds. Maybe pushing 18...

And lastly, our month to month comparison. I still feel like 1 to 2 months was the biggest change, but he's definitely a growing boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment