Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Prayer Request


Our big dog Axl is in the hospital tonight and he has us super worried. I've mentioned in passing on here that he's been having some problems lately, but this week it's gotten really bad. He's lost 15 pounds in just over two weeks and refuses food, canned food, even treats. He's staying in the hospital tonight and they're doing a bunch of testing to hopefully figure out what's causing this.


I know those of you who aren't dog people or don't have dogs may not understand, but Adam and I have been having to talk about what we're going to do if it's going to be really expensive to fix him, and it's one of the hardest things to discuss. He's been our baby for 4 1/2 years and as annoying and ridiculous as he is, I just can't bear the thought of losing him.


I laid with him on our bed last night and he used what little strength he had to wag his tail and roll over on his back so I could rub his belly. He's just such a kind soul with a gentle heart and it hurts me that he's hurting. Please pray for our puppy when you think of it, I'll post an update as soon as we know more tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are going through this. Our dog was quite sick for about a month and after blood work, x rays nobody could figure out what was wrong with her. She stopped eating and would not keep any meds down. The only thing that helped her was an antibiotic shot (not tablets), it gave her a boost and after that she started healing. I don't know all of your circumstances, but I thought I'll let you know... I am so glad we did not give up, now Nikita is 11, happy and healthy. I hope you'll have some good news to share soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww gina I am so so so so so sorry!! I feel your pain!! Not only is he your fur baby and having to even think about losing him but the expense!!! We love our two fur babies just about as much as we love Landrey and I cannot even imagine losing one of them!! (even though I know they are so annoying sometimes, but when their cute and loyal and lovable like Axl was on the bed with you it is enough to redeem them of everything) HUGS!!! and praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, I'm so sorry! I'm crying as I read this, hoping Axl is okay. I hate that you even have to talk about that stuff. I'm praying he'll be fine and that it'll be affordable. I hope he's able to come home soon - and that he'll be back to his light/shadow-chasing, energetic self. I bet Diesel misses him, too... I love you!

    ReplyDelete