Just a few Instagram photos of what we've been up to lately...
I'm super excited because last fall I made the executive decision to take this July off from weddings:
Reason #1 :: it's ridiculously hot in July and I generally spend at least 2-3 of my 8 hours shooting a wedding outdoors and that's not fun in 115 degrees.
Reason #2 :: doing a wedding every weekend of my summer while my hubby and baby have fun without me is a bit of a bummer.
Reason #3 :: doing a wedding every weekend tends to make me burnt out and uncreative.
Reason #4 :: my BFF is going to have a baby any second now, and I need to be able to drop everything to drive up to KC when she goes into labor.
I feel validated now that I gave you all my reasons. :)
So, I've been working out in my studio doing lots of editing and bookkeeping during the mornings, but my little window a/c doesn't really cut it in the 106 degree afternoons, so we've been heading to the pool lots. We have a membership to a nearby pool, and Sutton likes to splash around in their kiddie pool. Sometimes. He's not a huge fan of swimming like a lot of kids.
Tuesday afternoon, my friend Val invited Sutton and I over to her parents house to swim. She also made cupcakes in ice cream cones...Sutton ate all the frosting off his before offering it to me.
Audra and her boys also came along swimming. Her oldest, Reid is so sweet and wanted to sit with Sutton and I in the hammock. I felt pretty special hanging out with two cute red-headed boys.
Sutton really had a good time swimming that day...I think the water was a lot warmer than many of the other pools we'd taken him to.
Friday morning, Sutton had his 2 year well-baby checkup. We knew a student would be coming into the exam with the doctor, so I told Sutton there would be 2 doctors coming in to see him. He's really into the whole "2" thing lately...ever since he turned 2, he always tells me when there's 2 of something. Anyway, when the doctors came in, he said "Doctor? 2 doctor?" to them. It was cute. But then he got a shot. :(
I ordered a canvas from a Groupon I'd bought a long time ago. I was so excited to get it this week! It's a 16x24, which sounds like a big size, but when you put it on a big wall, it's not that big. So I feel like I need to order more canvases and make a grouping. I tend to never order actual prints of our photos, and then when I do, I don't plan ahead about how/where they will hang and how they'll look. All of the other photos we have displayed in our house are not canvases, so this doesn't really match. But it's so pretty!
Uncle Michael and Aunt Sara sent Sutton a gift card for his birthday. He picked out this choo-choo track at Target and it keeps him busy for a long time. He really loves to push the trains under the "nunnel" (tunnel). Then he uses the bridge for an airplane. :)
Just a cute photo of a cute boy enjoying his bubble bath. He always gets handfuls of bubbles and yells "BEEEEEEG BUBBA!!!" (big bubbles). So handsome.
No comments:
Post a Comment