We've been saying you're "almost 2" whenever anyone asks your age for so long now, and you're finally there. I can't remember life without you, and you're more and more fun every day. At 2 years old, Sutton...
*You have quite the sense of humor. You love to laugh and you LOVE to make us laugh. If something you do or say makes us laugh, you'll do it over and over. And over and over and over.
*You like to be tickled, and that gets the biggest laughs from you. The tickle spots are under your chin, under your arms, and your upper thighs.
*All day yesterday on your birthday, anytime someone said "Happy Birthday!" to you, you'd put your arms up in the air and wiggle your fingers and say "App Birday!" After I got you all posed for your photos yesterday, you did it without my prompting a few times and I got some photos of it:
*The tantrums are still happening, but we're getting through. For the most part, you're a pretty happy kid. You just like things the way you like them. There was an incident this week where you went crazy and got so mad because I opened a jar of jelly. You screamed and screamed and went into a timeout. When you were done, you came out, and ate said jelly on your toasts without any more protests. I don't get you.
*You like attention, but not in large groups. We ended up keeping your birthday party really small (which will be another blog post), and it went better than last year.
*You eat most things, and we can usually bribe you with your favorites if you won't eat something. Your favorites are pizza, grapes, Cheetos, and chocolate milk. You also eat a lot of other fruits, cheese, and apple juice.
*You still love watching Diego. Sometimes you ask for Diego the second you get up in the morning. Daddy found you a Diego shirt and shorts, and this morning you asked to wear them, you didn't want the shirt I picked out for you.
*Whenever we are driving somewhere without Daddy and we're on our way home, you always say "Daddy Diesel. Daddy Diesel." Because you know we're on our way home to see Daddy and Diesel. And I hear when you're with Daddy, you say "Mommy Diesel. Mommy Diesel."
*You've gotten used to Daddy being around all the time this summer. If you wake up from a nap or we come home and he's not here, you ask "Where Daddy go?" I hear that one lots.
*You're helpful when we are looking for things or trying to find things. You'll look in a room and then declare "Not in here!"
*You're still not too interested in potty training, though you always have to tell me after you poop. There was one afternoon that you woke up from your nap and I heard you over the monitor saying "Mommy! Mommy!" I walked in your room and you were standing up in your crib and as soon as I opened the door, you said "I pooped."
*You always want us to come with you wherever you're going. I guess that's the privilege of being an only child...you're used to always having our attention. So when you leave a room we're in, you always say "C'mon Mommy. C'mon Mommy."
*You got a tool bench for your birthday so you can fix your airplanes even better. You love to show us the "koo-wa-wa" (screwdriver), "ammah" (hammer), and a new one is the drill. It has a power drill that actual turns when you press the trigger. You love that. Sometimes you ask us to "goo" (glue) parts of your airplanes, and that's my favorite. I love it when you say "goo?"
*You typically nap 12:30 or 1 to 3 or 3:30. You wear size 4 diapers during the day and 5 at night. You wear 24-month to 2T clothes. You're probably just over 30 pounds.
*You know all your body parts and just learned about elbows this month. You're still learning your colors...sometimes you get them right, but often you just say everything is "boo" (blue). You like to try to point out the colors of cars.
*You're used to our little routines. After every meal time, you ask for us to get the rag to wipe you off. You don't really like being wiped off, you just know that that's what happens. You also lay yourself down on the floor when we go to change your diaper.
*You had your first bubble bath this week and after an initial freak out, I showed you that it was ok and bubbles are fun, and now you love them. You don't need bath toys if you have bubbles.
*You're obsessed with flying and fixing your airplanes. Hours of flying and fixing, flying and fixing. You ask to watch "airmane deos" (airplane videos) on our phones all the time.
Here are a few more of my favorites from our 2 year session last week:
*At bedtime you always ask us to rock you now. You curl up on my chest and ask me to point the fan towards you by pointing at the fan and saying "that way." We rock for a little while and then when I stand up to put you in your crib, you say "Mommy too?" to ask if I'm going nigh night too. I lay you down on your belly and you get your blankies all situated before closing your eyes. We usually don't hear another peep from you until morning.
*You've started saying "thank you" without being asked (sometimes...I still have to remind you a lot), and you've started saying "wuh woo" (love you) back to us after we say it to you. This weekend when I had to leave to shoot my wedding, I was pretty sad because it was a long day away from you and it was your last day of being 1. I gave you a million hugs and told you I loved you. You said it back. Then I told you I was gonna miss you and you said "Mih woo!" You'd never said that back to me before. It was pretty special.
*You repeat every single thing we say. It's pretty cute most of the time, I hope I still think that in a few months...
*You know your Grandmas and Grandpas really well and you do really good with them. You know that my parents have a puppy named Cooper, and you love to say "Gamma? Coopuh?"
*You love your Daddy and like to mimic everything he does. That's how we got the hands on the head photo below.
My sweet sweet boy...we're all done with your monthly updates! 2 years have flown by and I'm so in love with you, I can't even handle it. You are the light of our lives and we feel so luck that we get to be your Mommy and Daddy!








No comments:
Post a Comment