*I realized it's been a year since we sold our TV. Crazy! If I said I hadn't missed it, I'd be lying. :) But I don't regret our decision to get rid of it. There have been times I wished we had a TV, but we've done so many things that we probably wouldn't have done if we'd still had it. It's forced us to be more creative with our time...we go on lots of walks and we go to the park a lot. We're also not totally without...we still watch Netflix sometimes, and Sutton watches Diego on our computer.
*Memorial Day weekend, Adam's sisters Chrystal and Shelly came into town (from Ohio and Alabama respectively) along with Chrystal's kids Megan, Parker, and Emily. We had so much fun spending lots of time with family. We swam at their hotel, took all the kids to Botanica, made a home-made slip n' slide in Grandma and Papa's backyard, grilled lots of dinners, and the boys went to the salt mines in Hutch. I also took our niece Megan's senior photos (which will soon be on my photo blog).
The grandkids posing by the fountain at Botanica.
Since it was Memorial Day, we got flags...Sutton LOVED his and has to point out flags wherever we go now.
Megan and I during her senior photo shoot. I think we totally look like we're related by blood even though we're not!
Megan had quite the entourage during her photo session. Our other niece Madeline (far left) was in charge of hair and makeup; Megan; me; Megan's mama Chrystal; and another of Adam's sisters, Jessica. I think we were all exhausted after the super long shoot, but I love this photo of us!
*We got Adam a different car about a month ago. It's actually a truck and he LOVES it. He's a car guy, so driving around a Honda Civic for the past year wasn't really his favorite thing to do. :) The truck is nothing fancy, but he loves it! This is the only photo I've taken of it.
Sutton's a fan of "Daddy's car."
*We had a crazy thunderstorm/hail storm last week. The hail was huge and loud and kinda scary! I took a photo and a video out of our front door while it was hailing since I knew it'd melt soon after.
It made Sutton a little nervous, so Adam sat with him and watched it out the door until it stopped.
*We went to RiverFest a couple times last week. It started on June 1st with a kick-off parade. We parked and walked a ways like it seems we always have to for these kinds of things. We found a spot, the parade finally started, and the sprinklers behind us came on! So we had to move, but then the parade had sirens and loud trucks which scared the kiddo, so we ended up leaving after about 20 minutes. I'm sure he'll like it better next year if we're able to go.
On Wednesday night, we headed back to RiverFest and ate fair food. Sutton and I had pizza while Adam had chicken-on-a-stick.
We also took Sutton over to the petting zoo where he got to see goats, sheep, bunnies, and a llama. He kept talking about the llama. In this photo below, another kid's hand is on his head. Weird...
Chillin in his stroller, eating some Dippin Dots. He's a fan. :)
*Our A/C broke last week, which was wonderful. We were without it for a night, but our neighbor is a heating and cooling guy, so he came over the next morning and WD-40'ed something to make it work again. It worked all morning, but then quit on us around noon. That was a hot day. Sutton and I spent some time outside trying to beat the heat.
The rest of these photos are pretty random...I always have my phone handy, so I'm always snapping photos of Sutton being Sutton. I instagram alot of them, so you may have seen many of these already.
I have this weird thing...I'm not such a fan of tank tops on boys/men. Adam doesn't agree with me, or at least pretends not to. He found this tank top for Sutton that he though might change my opinion...
Sutton loves to "fix" things, mostly airplanes. He spends hours (literally) fixing his planes and then test flying them. "Fixing" means touching his screwdriver ("koo-nye-nye") in various places and "test flying" means throwing it in the air with no aim or direction. Mommy gets hit during these test flights a lot. In the photo above, he was minding his own business fixing his plane in our garage while Adam was working on his truck.
Putting that boy to work, watering our lawn.
Trip to the park so my kid(s) could play.
Out watching Daddy fly his planes one evening.
Adam's parents bought us a membership to a nearby pool this summer, so we're excited to spend lots of time there. Notice the tank top? Once again, Daddy dressed Sutton for the pool. :)
Sometimes he needs a break from being a kid. I've laid him on this ottoman a couple times lately and he's just laid there for minutes at a time. Like 10 minutes. It's weird, but nice.
Friday night we went out to dinner and then walked from the restaurant to Walmart. Sutton walked part of the way with his hands in his pockets since his daddy was doing it. It was slow going.
My awesome friend Ginger is helping me shoot several of my weddings this year. We did our first one for the year together last weekend. So good to hang out with her all day! Though it's not as if we have time for girl talk. Ah, well...maybe another time.
Yesterday's wedding made for a long day. I was gone for 12 hours...8 hours of shooting and 2 hours driving each way. I took this photo of post-harvest Kansas out my window on my way home.
The other night, we were sitting out on the porch and Sutton kept doing this Spiderman jump onto Adam's back.
This bring us to today. Sutton hasn't been feeling great the past couple days. Children's Tylenol is a miracle sent from God. But still, he hasn't been himself. We thought about going to church today, and even got all dressed and ready, but then Sutton fell asleep on Daddy before we could leave, so we didn't go. Sweetiepie.

























Michael would have to be with Adam on the tank tops. He is obsessed with them right now! I bought him two last week when we were at a store. :-)
ReplyDelete