Sunday, August 30, 2009

828

So, talk about a message in church totally hitting home. This weekend, pastor Mark is preaching about Romans 8:28:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

If you get a chance, and if you remember later this week, you should watch the whole message when it's posted by going to newspring.org.

BUT, to recap...life sucks sometimes. Horrible, unspeakable things happen to people. Things that, it seems, no one should have to endure. But you have to have faith in those times of distress because

"...in all things God works..."

Not some things. Not certain things. God works in ALL things. And not only that, He works for the good of us.

I can't see the good in this situation now. I can't see it ever being a good thing. But I can't see things the way God does...and I can't see the future.

Does this mean I can't be angry? Does this mean I can't wish things weren't the way they are? No. I just have to have faith that God is stronger. He knows what He's doing.

And in the meantime, I must conduct myself in a way that shows that while I may not understand, I am trusting my God to be bigger, and stronger. I've got to have faith.

3 comments:

  1. so glad you were there today! It was a great message to us all and gave me a new perspective on heartache as well! I am glad it was encouraging and uplifting to you! I don't know why but God just really keeps putting you on my heart...so while we aren't all that close you are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good message :) you are always in my prayers, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'm so grateful for your prayers. And your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete