Last night we took Sutton to his very first Final Friday in downtown Wichita. If you're not familiar with it, on the final Friday during each month, several Wichita businesses open their doors to the public and have art to look at as well as food and other attractions. We went to hear Carrie Nation and the Speakeasy play inside an antique store/art gallery. They're a bluegrass-style band, and they're really good! Adam's brother Matt is the banjo player, so we took our camera and video camera along, and Adam took both stills and video and put together a little montage for them.
We got there a little early, so we walked around the gallery looking at the art and just hung out for awhile. It wasn't air conditioned in the upstairs where we were, so Sutton and I were balls of sweat. At least he still looked cute.
The band finally started playing...and Sutton fell asleep. Through all the loudness and people cheering, he slept. I heard some comments from people about how they couldn't believe he wasn't waking up through it. We also go a lot of compliments last night about how beautiful he is. :) But, due to the sleeping baby, I was in and out of the room they were playing in, I tried to keep Sutton in front of a fan, but it kept being moved. I don't think he noticed anyway.
Here are some of the photos Adam took of the band.
Adam's brother, Matt:
And the awesome video Adam put together. It was great music, and Adam's becoming really good at editing video!






No comments:
Post a Comment