Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Haircut

I'll admit it, I haven't had my hair cut since several weeks before Sutton was born. The excuse I tell people is that I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays and those are the days my amazing stylist Sage works, but the real reason is that I'm lazy. I'm pretty sure she works Saturday too, so I could figure it out.

Another reason is that I secretly love my long long, out of control, long hair. It's limp and lifeless, but for some reason, I just like it.

But another part of me wants a change. It's not because Sutton likes to grab my hair and hold on for dear life...I think it's kinda cute. The real kicker is seeing photos of the back of my head. When photographing a wedding, it's inevitable that my second shooter will get some shots of me in the thousands of photos we take. I always hate how my hair looks!

Adam loves long hair and doesn't want me to cut my hair short. Ever. Thus far, I've abided by his preference, because I want him to still think I'm pretty! So...I'm trying to find a hairstyle to compromise all these things.

Send me your suggestions! I'm finding nothing. Should I just get a perm? :) I had the thought of doing an asymmetrical long bob, but I don't know how "me" that is. Here are some photos I've found online that MIGHT have some possibility...but nothing is really striking me.

Maybe this but with bangs?

Is this any different than what I currently have? Who knows. Maybe I just need to start curling it.
My problem with curling is that I have fine hair (so it looks thin), but a lot of it (so it makes it hard to deal with). Curling all that hair takes forever and then my slick, fine hair texture usually doesn't hold the curl anyway! Sage did my curls for my maternity photos, and that's the only time I've really ever had curl stay. She's a miracle worker. This is probably how I'll do my bangs:
Sigh. I need hair help.

2 comments:

  1. Have you started losing your hair? Shortly after having both of my kids, my hair started falling out like crazy. I'm not bald yet but sometimes I wonder how I still have any hair left!

    ReplyDelete