Friday, September 24, 2010

Sutton { Three Months }

Can you believe my little bundle is THREE MONTHS old? I can't! Here he is today, on his three month birthday.

One thing I'd like to know is how I got lucky enough to have the cutest baby ever. You just can't dwell on some things, so moving on...

At three months, Sutton:

-You're weighing probably between 14 and 15 pounds. We haven't officially weighed you recently, but that's my guess. You've almost caught up with Diesel!

-You're eating every 3-4 hours. Sometimes you'll nap through a feeding so it will be longer. Other times you need to eat right at the 3 hour mark. Where's the consistency? :)

-You still only wake up once each night to eat, around 3am. Then you sleep til 7ish. This morning, you slept in til 8:30!

-You're definitely starting to become more aware. You will follow me with your eyes and will turn your head. You've cried a couple times when the dogs were very close and started barking. You'll often watch us and I can see the wheels turning...

-Your smile lights up my world.

-We have a favorite game now. You can play with your daddy or with me. We'll sit with our knees up and rest you against them, facing us. You love to study our faces and what's going on behind us. It's also your favorite position to smile in, and you love to talk to us like that. When you're in this position and we're holding your hands, you've started pulling yourself up so you're not leaning against our legs...you prefer to sit there on your own, and if I make you go back to leaning, you just pull yourself forward again.

-Your daddy also has a game where he'll hold you and have you look in a mirror...you LOVE looking at yourself! You break into a huge grin and start babbling away.

-Your talking is the cutest thing. We can just go back and forth and you make all kinds of noises. They're mostly vowel sounds and you get so excited and generally smile during our conversations.

-When you're laying on your tummy, you can hold your head up, as evidenced earlier today:

-But it doesn't usually last long. You usually keep your head up for a few seconds when we first lay you like this, and then you put it down.

-We've been going on a lot of walks lately, and you like riding in your stroller. You don't ever really need your pacifier while you're in there, and you like to stare up at me (whether I'm the one pushing you or if I'm walking next to you). You also like to watch the scenery go by. If we're on a long walk, you'll start doing really slow blinks until you finally fall asleep.

-You like to keep your hands in little fists all the time. When I'm nursing you, you always keep your fists in by your chest. Sometimes I try to cut your fingernails and I have to pry your fingers out.

-Sometimes it looks like you're boxing with your tiny fists. You'll punch your fists out at us, and then put them back under your chin in perfect boxing form.

-You also like to suck on your fists if there isn't a pacifier nearby. You like to suck on everything, for that matter. My fingers, anyone's fingers, your blankets, my shirt. Sometimes you get dog hair in our around your mouth, which is inevitable in this house, I guess.



-You're still only eating breast milk. I think you probably eat around 5 oz (maybe more?) at each feeding. That's about what we're feeding you when I have to pump.

-You get really mad when I have to switch you to the other side when we're nursing. Every time. I think you'd realize by now that you'll still get more, just give me 10 seconds. Gosh, baby.

-I can still have you sleep on my desk on a pillow. No rolling yet. Though I think you probably could if you tried.



-Still not quite ready for the Bumbo. You can sit in it, but you always lean to one side and you can't move. Doesn't look too fun, so I don't make you do it.

-We should officially be moving into 3-6 month clothes in the next week or so. You're still in 0-3 size, but it's very snug. We have a TON of 3-6 month stuff, so you'll be sporting a different outfit every day, you stylish boy.

-We're in size 2 diapers. We have some size 1s left over from daycare that we still put you in sometimes, but only after you've had a big poop and I know we won't have a blow out.



-Speaking of blow outs, you're a pretty cute pooper. Is that weird? Usually towards the end of a feeding, you'll tense your body up, grunt, and I know what's coming next. It's really funny.

-You love looking at screens. TV screens, computer screens...you crane your neck around so you can look at them. Several times, you've been watching my computer screen and something will change all of a sudden (i.e., I'll minimize a window or close a document) and you'll get startled and jump!

-I think you're liking bath time now. You move your legs around to splash the water everywhere and I think it's kinda on purpose. You're getting too long for your tub, we may have to figure something else out soon.



-You're doing good at daycare, you usually sleep a lot while you're there. I guess the other little kids wear you out. I, on the other hand, am still having such a hard time leaving you there in the morning. I try to make myself feel better by knowing it's only two days a week. But it's still so hard.

-You have a bit of a mullet. There's not much hair on top, and a lot by the nape of your neck.

-I just can't believe how fast you're growing. You are still constantly squirming, and I think it's because you're growing so much!


Just so we can compare, here are all his monthly photos next to each other.

I love you, baby boy! I just can't get enough of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment