Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Few Things...

* Sutton is sleeping for such long stretches at night - it's amazing! He can go longer than I can...I get so sore from so much milk storing up and have to go wake him up to eat. The night before last we went 7 hours and last night it was 8! On average, we go about 6 hours during the night. Way to go Sutton!

* Julie asked if I'm losing hair. Not yet. I've heard of this phenomenon and am not excited about it. Maybe when I stop breastfeeding it will happen?

* I'm so sad and so happy at the same time about his growth. I feel like he's quickly becoming a little boy and not a baby! Then I have to remind myself he's only 2 months old. That's still pretty young. But when we hit the double digits in weeks (i.e., 10 weeks), I had a mini melt down.

* He's going to be a pea pod for Halloween. Prepare yourself.

* I will have worked three days in a row this week, and it was torture. That may be an exaggeration, but in all seriousness, I am no longer the woman I used to be! I just want to be home, schnuggling with Sutton all day. This evening, Adam, Sutton and I were laying in bed talking and I told Adam that this is how it should be. We should be allowed to spend every second as a family and employers should give their employees the first 18 years of their kids' lives off. Sounds reasonable, right?

* My poor dogs. Remember how much I used to blog about them? And how little attention they're getting on the blog now? Well, that translates to real life too. I'm trying to be better.

* Sutton has still only ever had breast milk and I'm really nervous for when we will start other foods. It's going to be like his first day of college to me. Why am I making such a big deal of nothing? We still have a few months though. :)

* I never knew I could love someone so much. I just can't get enough. I expected to love him a lot, I really did. But since I'm not a kid person, I really didn't know how it would be.

* Remember when I said you'd never find a blog post that was a recipe? Well I am eating my words. I took photos along the way of something I made the other night and will be posting them soon. This is epic.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't start losing hair until about 3 or 4 months with both kiddos. It was kind of annoying at times, but it wasn't too bad:). I remember feeling like I lost way more with Eli, but it slowed way down after he was 8 or 9 months and wasn't nursing as often.

    ReplyDelete