
How far along? 17 weeks
Weight gain: Approximately 6 or 7 pounds
Baby is the size of a(n): Onion or baked potato
Food cravings/aversions: Still loving the Cocoa Puffs. Also ate a pan of caramel frosted cinnamon rolls almost entirely by myself...
Sleeping: The crazy dreams continue. Started sleeping with my body pillow last night and it's wonderful.
Milestones: I felt the baby moving for the first time yesterday! I'd been having the gas bubble/fluttering feeling throughout the day, but since I was busy at work, I wasn't paying attention. Later on, I put two and two together and then laid down to try to be still and feel it more. I had my hand on my belly and I felt a definite movement from the inside and outside at the same time! Coolest thing ever. I've been feeling the flutterings randomly this morning too.
Weird things I read online: Baby is now over 5 inches long and has fingerprints! Also found this cool website which shows the changes in my body. And there's a link from that page that had a photo of a 3D sonogram of a baby at each week (to the right, called Ultrasound Timeline: Fetal Growth). The 17 week photo baby looks very bony. :)
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: One of my crazy dreams this week was actually about the baby (they're usually about the most random things). In the dream, I kept having to have surgery on the baby in my tummy because it had extra arms that needed to be removed. But every time they'd put me under and open me up, the baby would be in a bad position or something, so they kept having to stitch me up and cut me open. No fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment