Our tradition with my family is to spend Christmas Eve together. So after the awesome service at our church, Adam and I headed through the swirling snow to Newton. We ended up staying the night. We always make lots of fun appetizer food. This year we had 7-layer bean dip (a classic), hot wings, cheese and bacon pinwheels, tortilla pizzas, and chocolate cake. There was more, but my brain is going... After the food, we opened gifts. That's where the photos begin.
Here's the pile of unopened gifts.

This was the joke of the night. I saw this laying in the middle of the living room floor and freaked out. Apparently, it used to be in the shape of a bone, but one of their dogs had chewed off one end to make it into this obscene shape. Lol. :)

Annie waiting to play with said toy.

My parents got us pots and pans! We were in dire need. We've had the same flaking Teflon coated pans since we were married and they were cheap and horrible. My parents were really concerned about the baby getting Teflon poisoning. I mentioned on Thanksgiving that we were going to go look at pots and pans on Black Friday, and my dad was like, "Why don't you not do that." So though I knew what we were getting, it was still really exciting. And I've used them a lot!

Michael and Sara with M's pocket knives. They had a heck of a time driving here from Fort Collins, CO in the ice. Sara has a picture of a perfect ice block imprint of their license plate that formed as they were driving. Crazy.

Mom and Dad.

They might get mad at me for posting this, but it shows how my dad really is, so...

Gifts from Michael and Sara. Sara was dismayed to tell us that Michael accidentally "decorated" the envelopes while eating taco soup.

M wearing the purse I got Sara. He kinda looks like the pope.



Because he's always out in the freaking shop...


Though it's lacking, this is the only photo of Adam and I together, so I'm posting it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment