Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mornings Are So Hard

At first glance, this photo reveals nothing but a messy bed that was just exited by two people, ready to start their day.

But this photo holds more than meets the eye.

I'll give you a hint.

As is typical at the Dreher house, two of our more canine members were having a rough time starting their day before 9 am.

Look closer...do you see the dog-shaped lumps?


To the untrained eye, our bed was unoccupied. But after living with these two for several years, we have come to know their tendencies...which means we can never flop out our full weight on our bed without possibly crushing a poor unassuming little doggie.

I decided to disturb their beauty sleep, if only for a second to show how cute they are all cuddled under the covers. I first uncovered Diesel. He gave me a look of loathing, but didn't lift his head...and then went back to sleep.

I covered Diesel back up and went to unearth the big guy. As soon as he felt fresh air on his face, he was all "Who!? What?! Where?! Squirrel?!" But his true colors came out when he didn't get up.

For it wasn't 9 am yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment