
How far along? 18 weeks
Weight gain: Haven't weighed myself, it's a little too scary
Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet potato
Food cravings/aversions: Cereal in general, those chocolate covered mini Hostess donuts. And my 1st trimester aversion to Dr. Pepper is no longer.
Sleeping: I was woken up in the middle of the night by a kick on Tuesday evening. It was weird and it made me jump! Had a dream about a talking turtle who wore clothes last night...
Milestones: I hadn't felt much movement since that one day I talked about last week. But since Tuesday night, I've been feeling pretty constant fluttering. I had Adam try to feel it tonight, but we couldn't get the little guy (or girl) to kick while his hand was on my belly. I think it's too early to feel from the outside much anyway.
Weird things I read online: Baby will start getting used to familiar sounds like my voice and heartbeat. And in my case, the barking dogs. And the baby is kicking, somersaulting, hiccuping and suck it's thumb in there!
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: I think the most interesting thing this week is feeling the movement. It still surprises me when it's a sudden, definite poke. I've decided that I look more pregnant when I have clothes on. When I look at my bare belly, it still looks like I could be just a little bloated and pushing it out. But like the photo above with clothes on, I think I look pretty pregnant. Weird. AND I can't believe that at this time next week, we'll know if it's a boy or a girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment