Thursday, January 28, 2010

Keep Your Eye on This One

From 2006-2008, Adam and I were youth group workers at our church. The youth group is called Clayhouse and is an awesome ministry for the kids. Our first year in Clayhouse, we got really close with a lot of the kids. I think it helped that we were close in age - I would've been a senior when they were freshman.

There were a lot of amazing kids who are now doing awesome things with their lives - some are in ministry, some are leading busy lives here in Wichita, and some have moved away to pursue bigger dreams.

One of the latter is a guy by the name of Cameron Ernst. Cameron is an amazingly talented musician. Even as a high schooler, he put together a short album (which we had and I might have memorized almost every word to...). Back then, he played shows at local bookstores and we all knew he was going places.

Cameron lives in California now and is pursuing his music career. He was even in a music video with Sarah Bareilles! I really think he'll be a big name one day. Keep your eye on him!

He sent out a facebook notice to all his fans today and included this link to a video that I think is hilarious. It's a song dedicated to Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. He has lots of other videos on there, so check them out, he's such a great singer! Here's a link to another favorite - a cover of a Kings of Leon song.

1 comment:

  1. i know Cameron! :) he was involved in the youth leadership program that Jeff and I work with! such a cool guy!

    ReplyDelete