A few notes about this photo: It was taken a day early because I liked what I was wearing, haha. BUT I can't wear that shirt again. I shouldn't have even worn it yesterday. It was fine while I was standing, but got too tight whenever I sat down. That's the first time a shirt I've tried was too small! Second...it looks like the roots of my hair are growing out, but I don't dye my hair! Weird.How far along? 19 weeks
Weight gain: Getting close to the 10 pound mark.
Baby is the size of a(n): Mango or 6-inch sub sandwich
Food cravings/aversions: I don't think I had any this week. But back in the first trimester, I had a craving for a margarita, and then earlier this week, I smelled beer and it smelled really good. I don't drink even when I'm not pregnant, so that was really strange.
Sleeping: Getting up 2 and 3 times per night to pee. Axl isn't helping...he's usually the one to wake me up because HE has to go, and then I realize I have to go...and then I get a snack while I'm up, haha.
Milestones: Our sonogram! We got to find out the sex this week (and I'll be able to share tomorrow evening or Saturday morning). And we found out the baby is measuring big, which I always think is SO wonderful because with my miscarriage, the baby measured small at the sonogram. AND we found out we have the cutest baby ever.
Weird things I read online: Baby's brain has made the proper connections so that the movements it makes are deliberate. Cool!
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: Obviously our sonogram was one of the best moments of my life. It was perfect. I was so nervous we wouldn't be able to tell what it was (I've heard stories of the umbilical cord being wrapped around their leg or something), but we were. Adam and I were both so happy, it was the most special moment...laying in that dark room, holding hands, staring at the big screen where a picture of our baby that's half me and half him was floating around, happy and healthy. :) Also, I think people should be able to tell I'm pregnant now. I think my belly's getting big enough. And lastly, I think we decided on a name! It's such a good name. But it's a secret. And it could possibly still change...we still have 4.5 months. :)
And because it's the cutest baby ever, I need to look at the sonogram photo again:
I realized last night that the baby's top lip sticks out farther than the bottom lip, just like Adam's! :) I had always hoped our baby would get that trait from him, it's adorable.
josie has jeffs lips too. looks like they where taken right off his face and glued to hers. my mom had blond hair, unitl she had me and it turned brown. so crazy what pregnancy hormons can do!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait 'til you make the big announcement. One day I wore this super cute shirt at about 19 weeks too and realized that I couldn't even sit down...never had a too small shirt problem before. HA! This is such a fun adventure. Enjoy every moment, all to soon you forget what it was like!
ReplyDelete