Hooray!!!! Finally half way!!!And I got my hair done this morning by the wonderful Sage (thanks Sage!) and I love it! My bangs are finally trimmed and we dyed the underneath layer DARK. It's so cute...I should try to post a better photo of it. And this week's photographer was Ginger. Thanks for taking my belly pic this week Geeenger!
How far along? 20 weeks
Weight gain: Exactly 10 pounds
Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe
Food cravings/aversions: I'm really excited to get one of those Valentine's boxes of chocolates in a large size (hint, hint, Adam). Yesterday I had mushroom pizza at Knolla's for lunch and then I had to have it again for dinner. I could eat it again today, if only there were leftovers...
Sleeping: I switch positions a lot during the night and it's getting more difficult to do. I'm carrying 10 extra pounds I'm not used to! Last night as Adam and I were going to bed, I sat up in exasperation. Adam rubbed my back and asked what was wrong. I told him that I'm just not able to move around easily to get comfortable anymore. He thought it was "cute."
Milestones: Adam was able to feel the baby kick this week! It was really exciting, though he's not a freaker-outter like me, so he didn't get nearly as excited as I thought he should've. I asked him if this was becoming more real for him since I'm showing and he felt the baby now, but he said the sonogram made it more real than anything else. And I'm definitely feeling more movement and kicks now. Sometimes it surprises me and makes me jump a little. :)
Weird things I read online: My uterus is pushing against my other organs like my lungs, which will make me short of breath (glad to have that explained because I've definitely been feeling it). Also, little man is sleeping similarly to what he will after he's born. So that means he's awake and asleep as much as he will be in the real world. Crazy!
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: I cleared out the nursery and scraped the pink-and-red border off the wall. I took before photos, so I'll be able to show our progress. I got paint samples for the color scheme I want to use, so I'd like to start painting as soon as possible (ladies who work with Adam: I need some help convincing him to PAINT!). We got to see the nearly finished crib (sans stain) that Adam's dad is building us and it's BEAUTIFUL. My dad finished the motorcycle rocker (from the previous post) for us. Also, I've started thinking of the baby by the name we chose, so it's 100% the name we're going to use! But it'll still be a surprise for you all. :)
And here's a picture that just warms my heart. I was washing dishes last night after supper, and when I came into the living room, this is what I found. Proof that I'm not the only one who pampers our dogs. All my boys! Well, minus one I guess. :)
Gina...you look BEAUTIFUL!! I absolutely love your blog and baby updates! Hope you don't mind that I blogstalked you! :oD
ReplyDeleteHaha, not at all Chelsie! I added your blog to my list too. :)
ReplyDelete