Friday, February 19, 2010

21 Weeks

It's weird that that's me because I don't feel that big. Hmm...

How far along? 21 weeks
Weight gain: Maybe 11 or 12 pounds
Baby is the size of a(n): Large banana
Food cravings/aversions: I got some Cinnamon Toast Crunch that's been making it hard to wait til breakfast every morning. And Adam got a lot of chocolate boxes from his students for Valentine's day, so I've been making the most of that. I don't know if this counts, but after watching The Bachelor on Monday, I really "craved" getting in a hot tub. My parents even have one! But since I'm not allowed, I settled for a warm bath instead. It was nice, and I think I saw my tummy move on it's own accord at one point, but I can't be sure.
Sleeping: My arms and legs are starting to ache or fall asleep if I lay on one side to long. That's fun. One day this week, I got out of bed (I'd been sitting in a cross-legged position for awhile), and my leg was asleep. I figured it wasn't a big deal, so I stood up...and it was as if I didn't even have a leg. I fell to the floor. It scared me more than anything, but it was just the weirdest feeling. I had to get the blood pumping before I could walk again. I landed on my hands and knees, so no harm done.
Milestones: We registered at Target this week! It was fun, but Adam always has to make life interesting...he got to the store before I did, so he started inputting all the info in the registry. Our registry is now called "Adam and Gina's Baby Child Registry" and he put his own middle initial as M. His middle name is Jon. He also had fun with the scanner gun, seeing how far away he could be from the bar code and still get it to scan.
Weird things I read online: The baby's facial features are formed, so he pretty much looks like he will when he's born. Very cool! And he's eating and digesting lots of amniotic fluid to practice eating once he's born. They say the amniotic fluid tastes different to him each day, depending on what I eat.
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: Yesterday Adam needed me to get a giftcard from McDonald's for him, so while I was there, I splurged and got a caramel iced coffee. I hadn't had coffee since I found out I was pregnant, so I thought it wouldn't hurt. Holy cow. My baby and caffeine make for an interesting mix. He was somersaulting all around the rest of the day. It's just strange because caffeine doesn't affect me at all - I can have a Dr Pepper right before bed and sleep soundly, but apparently the same doesn't hold true for our little man.

1 comment:

  1. You still look pretty tiny to me, especially for having a boy :)
    Good for you for giving up caffeine, I couldn't do it (until after she was born b/c well, let's face it, her on caffeine would effect me and I am just selfish like that :)) Anyway, her heart rate was always super high and I didn't know it was suppose to trend down after awhile...we attributed to all the caffeine I sucked down in the morning. HA (no harm done...just funny...perhaps that is why she was so active in there...hmmm.)

    ReplyDelete