The nursery has a white chair rail around the middle with white wainscoting from that down to the floor. So I was going to paint the top part of the wall that's just regular sheetrock in a charcoal gray color. Then the crib is going to be black/ebony, so I was going to use black and teal for accents. There was going to be a black wall decal on one wall, and then the bedding and pillows and stuff would be teal. But now I think that sounds too 80s and depressing.

So then I thought, let's REALLY step out of our comfort zone, and paint the walls white. I'm so anti white walls, you wouldn't believe. Then I thought all the accessories could be in these colors on this pillow (found on etsy):
But now Adam says he isn't a fan of white walls, and I'm thinking that may look to baby-ish. I'm kinda trying to make the nursery not baby-ish. No pastels, etc.I don't know. Maybe I should stop overthinking it, just paint the walls a color I like and not worry about accessories. Hmph.
Do you have the bedding picked out yet? Go from there with the paint choices. You have such a great design eye I am sure it will all come together perfectly. I like to have a "theme or scheme" in mind and go from there. I agree I don't like "babyish" rooms...I wanted a room that could grow with her that is why I went w/ pink/black/white Parisian poodle.
ReplyDeleteI did really like that pillow though! Can't wait to see the finished product!!