Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Big Sonogram

This will be the first of a few posts about finding out and telling people about our SON. It's so weird to say that. :)

Adam and I took a before photo as we were leaving the house Tuesday morning to go have the sonogram. I was extremely nervous.

Sitting in the waiting room, my heart was beating out of my chest. I don't know why I was so nervous...I didn't care what it was, I just knew this would change our lives!

We didn't have to wait long, luckily. When we started the sono, the tech lady asked us if we wanted to know what it was. We said YES. She said she'd tell us at the end because she wanted to check it a few times throughout the sonogram to make sure she told us the right thing.

Fail. Right away, our little guy was showing off the goods. One of the first pictures we got basically looked like he was sitting on the camera, and there it was, plain as day: BOY! She didn't even have to tell us, we knew, haha.

After that, we got to see the brain, heart (crazy to see the 4 chambers pumping away), spine, hands, feet, and of course his CUTE little face. It was so cool to have such a long sonogram and to see our baby boy for quite awhile.

We were so involved, we didn't take any photos. I don't know that we would've been allowed to anyway. When we got home, I wanted to take an "after" photo. Of course, Adam wouldn't cooperate. You can totally tell he's suppressing a smile...

Hooray for our baby boy!

Then, we had to break the news to the dogs. I told them about their little brother, and this was what I got...


Not too excited. I'm sure they will be excited for a playmate when he gets a little older. :)

So that's it. We're having a baby boy. In addition to the three I already live with, I will become even more surrounded by BOYS. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment