Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grateful

Side note: Why isn't that word spelled "greatful?" It would make more sense. Right now, it makes me think of grating cheese.

I feel extra thankful today. I know we've been through a lot to get here, but when it comes down to it, all of our fertility issues were relatively easy to take care of, and now we're here, having a baby.

I still can't believe that God has chosen us to be parents, me to be a mom, and that I have a real little life growing inside me.

I just listened to the baby's heartbeat. The fact that it's there, beating strong is a constant reminder of God's grace and faithfulness. I'm so undeserving!

Here's a photo of our very first sonogram, back at 6.5 weeks. What a cute little peanut. My 10 week sonogram showed a much more developed baby with a defined head, arms, legs, feet, and nose! I can't imagine how cute he or she is now! Makes it even harder to wait until Feb. 2!

This is the only sono that I scanned into the computer, that's why it's the one I'm showing you. :) If you're sonogram illiterate, the baby is the white peanut inside the black bean.

1 comment:

  1. Awe. Thanks for sharing. It is truly amazing, seeing how fast the grow and develop. Still so happy for you guys.
    And I was totally thinking that about "grateful" the other day when I typed it out...weird!

    ReplyDelete