Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love Story: The Beginning

I think I was 14 the first time I met Adam. It was so long ago and I was so young that it's a dim memory.

My brother Michael is two and a half years older than I am. So basically, that equated to me having crushes on ALL his friends. He would bring home friends from school or church, and more often than not, I, being a boy crazy teenager, would melt at their cuteness. I was probably that annoying little sister that always was trying to get in on whatever my brother and his friends were doing.

Michael became friends with this guy named Adam. They met at church through mutual friends. We heard a lot about Adam before we ever met him. I was finally to the point in my life where I realized that my millions of crushes were juvenile and I needed to stop falling in lust with every new boy I met. So I decided, after hearing all about Adam from Michael, that when Adam came to our house, I would NOT start liking him. I was 14, after all, and with my new-found maturity, I was sure I'd be able to control the inevitable crushing.

Michael played in a summer soccer league, and Adam was on his team. So I went with my parents to watch Michael play at one of his games. That's where we finally met the infamous Adam.

I got to the field, and across the way, Michael was stretching with his new teammates. Their team wore gray. There was this REALLY cute boy among the team that I was trying to avoid staring at.

"Hey, guys," said Michael.

Gesturing to the cute guy I'd just noticed, he says, "This is Adam!"

CRAP!!!!!!!!!

To be continued...

6 comments:

  1. I am loving this...you will have to post every day right...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for the encouragement Michele, I'm glad you like this idea. I figured I might be the only one who would be interested in reminiscing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post.....Had a few hours to blog hop tonight......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Love it...you will have to post every day right??

    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! And actually, if you click on the love story category to the right, I've made several Love Story installments already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm fairly sure I know the last chapter! Crazy that y'all met that young!

    ReplyDelete