There's a new feature on my blog to the right. ------------------------>
I'll be labeling my posts from now on so, for example, if you want to read all about our love story, just click on the love story category. :)
I saw a lot of Adam over the next couple years. He was at our house fairly often, hanging out with Michael. They spent most of their time outside or in the basement, and my bedroom happened to be on the main floor, so sadly, I didn't have many excuses to interrupt.
There was one unfortunate dinner at our house that Adam was invited to. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. In my defense, I was young. The reason this dinner was so unfortunate was because of what I decided to wear.
Picture this:
blue mesh gym shorts (ehh...okay so far...),
a "wife-beater" tanktop (umm, Gina?), adorned with puff paint (you're kidding right?) over a sports bra (red, I believe),
and to top it all off...a stocking hat.
Are we still friends? :/
Adam and I have since discussed this outfit. He thought I was weird, but maybe interesting, so I guess it wasn't a complete failure, though I'm a little mortified just thinking about it.
Fast forward. It's July 2001 and I'm 16. My crush on Adam hasn't diminished and, by some crazy stroke of luck, my brother invited me to go to Wichita with him and Adam to see a movie. An uncharacteristically cool move on Michael's part (in his defense, he's now much cooler than he was back then). :)
I don't remember what the movie was, but afterwards, we went to eat at Jimmy's Diner. Jimmy's would later be the restaurant we celebrated our engagement at with friends, just minutes after I said "Yes!"
I think Michael was aware of my crush. He must've been. He made Adam and I sit on the same side of the booth.
Oh mylanta.
I could've melted.
You know when your face is all hot and your neck is tingly and you don't know what to do with your hands? I was a big heaping mess of that business.
This was it! I just knew it. After sitting in the same side of the booth at Jimmy's Diner, Adam was sure to fall in love with me and we'd live happily ever after.
Or not. Nothing remotely romantic or flirtatious happened and I rode in the backseat of the car by myself on the way home.
To be continued...
This is fascinating stuff... even though I'm your mom, and I was there when all this was happening, I had no idea of all the drama behind the scenes... Can't wait to hear the rest, even though I know how it turns out!
ReplyDeletelol Gina, I just about died laughing reading about your outfit you wore to dinner. WOW! If that didn't strike a chord in Adam's heart, I don't know what would. :oD loving your "Love Story!"
ReplyDelete