Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Today's News

-Ed was released from the hospital about an hour or so ago! The hole in his heart hasn't gotten any bigger, so they're just going to be monitoring it to make sure it stays that way. He's really weak right now, which is to be expected, but is hard for him to deal with. We are praying now that he will be able to get into a normal daily routine that isn't too stressful and won't further hurt his heart.

-Adam's SICK! I feel so bad for him, he had me really scared last night. I believe it's the stomach flu, and we've tried just about every medicine out there. He just tried to eat a little, which is good, so hopefully he can keep it down. This was supposed to be his first day back at school with students, so I'm sure he's disappointed to not be able to go to work. We'll see how he feels tomorrow. I took another day off to stay home with him and to try to get a little extra sleep, since last night wasn't too restful for either of us.

-The BIG news. This morning at my doctor's appointment, I scheduled our BIG ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. The BIG date is February 2! Less than a month. I can't wait! Then we can really start discussing names and colors for the nursery. AND shopping for the baby. Woohoo! I think I've decided to keep the name a secret until the baby's birth. So you'll have to be patient for that one. :)

4 comments:

  1. Gina, you don't know me but I work with Adam (great teacher btw) and I've read your blog for a while. I wanted to say congrats on the baby. I am pregnant too and due June 20th. Adam told me today about your Angelsound Doppler and I ordered one tonight! I've been through a miscarriage and I had a "threatened miscarriage" with this pregnancy too early on. I'm excited to see if the Doppler works for me. Anyway, I could go on and on...just wanted to congratulate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! you'll have to let me know how the Doppler works. I love mine! And congrats on the baby.

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun fun!! Hey, How much was your Doppler? expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, cheap! I'll facebook you the link.

    ReplyDelete