I AM A GIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How far along? 29 weeks
Weight gain: Okay, we're just going to do away with this question. It only makes me weigh myself, and in turn, feel bad about myself. Let's start over.
How far along? 29 weeks
Baby is the size of a(n): Squash, small cabbage
Food cravings/aversions: I wanted ice cream last night, but SOMEBODY wouldn't get it for me...
Sleeping: Has still been better lately. I just have to remember to wake up and switch sides every couple hours. Last night I had a dream where Adam and I got in a HUGE fight about cleaning up some diapers that were on the floor. I couldn't do it because I'm pregnant and can't bend over. Then I was driving this really nice vintage Porche, and some stupid guy started throwing quarters at it to try to scratch the paint. You know, the usual.
Milestones: Our nursery is mostly done! People have started buying stuff off our registries (don't judge me for checking). I've gotten a few more outfits (all gifts or hand-me-downs so far, way to be a cheap mama!). Movement in my belly is near constant now, it seems I could stop at any time of the day, look down, and my belly would be moving. I felt a whole arm or leg bone at one point this week. And I'm having some pain in my ribs and a lot of acid reflux. Awesome.
Weird things I read online: His brain can now control his body temperature, so he's not completely relient on me for that (already, so independent...)
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: Our childbirth class this week was really good. We practiced breathing techniques and pain management positions. The teacher turned off all the lights and just had a single string of white Christmas lights on. We went to different stations and tried things like slow-dancing or swaying in time with our breathing, Adam learned to massage my hands to relieve pressure, he also learned a technique to press on my hips that relieves back pain. It was just really nice to have a calm, soothing, relaxing time with him and to maybe get a glimpse of what I should be doing during labor. Next week we'll be talking about medicated (epidural) births more, so that should be interesting. ALSO, Lindsey got an iPad, and there's this app that shows the baby's actual size by week. My baby is HUGE! He doesn't even fit on the iPad screen.

Silly, Giants are tall.
ReplyDeleteCan I just say this, it may seem dumb, but make Adam practice that stuff w/ you and know it pat b/c when the time comes you won't remember and will need him to! I couldn't think of anything else but what I was feeling and Chad didn't think to do any of those things with me. :( It is getting so close!!
ReplyDelete