Thursday, April 29, 2010

31 Weeks



How far along? 31 weeks
Baby is the size of a(n): Squash, head of lettuce, mini-skirt (these websites come up with some strange stuff)
Food cravings/aversions: I'm into textures more than tastes, I think. If the texture of a food sounds good, I just HAVE to have it. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, pop tarts (toasted), home-made Heath bars from my friend Val...all good things. :)
Sleeping: Good. I think I discovered that my iron supplement is what made me start sleeping better. There was one night this week that I forgot to take it, and I slept horribly. I asked my doctor and he said that's not common, but it's possible. Who knows. Also, I feel almost sore when I wake up in the mornings...like I need to oil my joints to get my body moving again. Nothing horrible, just interesting.
Milestones: We finished our childbirth class! And got diplomas. We're professionals now, people. (Though honestly, I'm still sure I'm going to be so scared when I do go into labor...) And I'll start seeing my doctor every two weeks now.
Weird things I read online: He's gaining about 1/2 a pound a week! And is 16-ish inches long. I've heard of babies being 19 inches at birth, so he's almost there!
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: I'm feeling the baby in my ribs a lot these days. And there was one day this week where I was having a lot of trouble breathing, so I had to manually push my belly down, which seemed to help. At my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, my belly was measuring almost 3 weeks ahead, so 33 weeks. Dr. Kauffman said that around 36 weeks, he's going to do a sonogram to see how big the baby actually is (since I could be measuring 39 or 40 weeks by that point). We could have a June baby!

I can't wait to see his cute little face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment