Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Need YOUR Opinion

I bought some curtains yesterday because even with the blinds closed, it's still pretty bright in the nursery during the day. But I think the curtains might be too long. I can't decide what length to make them. Adam suggested making them even with the bottom of the window, but I think that's too short. Ideas?

I'm going to get some of those things to attach to the wall on the sides of the windows to hold them back. And the window in the second photo will have two panels, I just didn't want to put them both up until after we decided if we need to fix them. I'd love any feedback you have!


And I put together a bookshelf today that will hold books, toys, extra stuff. I filled it with all the baby stuff we have so far.

That poor, ugly brown door....

And lastly, yesterday we went to the carnival at Adam's school for a little bit before some major clouds and rain moved in. The whole reason we went? So Adam could get his picture taken with these guys:

5 comments:

  1. I am no home decorator, but I would say either make them fairly even with the window or drop them to the floor. But I also, just like to make life easy and would probably just leave them. They aren't a bad length. I actually think those are the curtain I have in Lo's room, but her changing table is in front of them so you can't see how long or short they are. :)
    Crazy to think soon your little one will be here!! Hope you get it all figured out.
    And that picture is hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just leave them the length they are, especially since you plan on getting some window tie backs. It will make your life a whole lot easier! Ours in the nursery are about the same length from the window and it looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say leave them for a little while and see if it bugs you. If I know you, you'll either hit a point where it really bothers you and decide you have to change it, or you'll get used to it and love it. :) If you end up wanting to change it, I don't think Adam's idea is bad. :) It's looking CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you have already installed the curtain rod.. but my suggestion would be to maybe raise the curtain rod up. it would make the windows appear taller, and the curtains would end closer to the bottom of the windows.

    ReplyDelete