Usually, weekends aren't all that productive at the Dreher house. I think it's because I often have to work weddings on Saturdays, so the Saturdays I DO get off, I feel entitled to just veg. But this weekend, we were super productive. This weekend, we:
-got a pedicure because we can no longer reach our toes
-went grocery shopping
-went baby room shopping
-watched a total of FOUR movies (we got a BluRay player!)
-mowed the yard
-tilled up part of the front yard
-planted grass in part of the front yard
-assembled a (crooked) bookshelf for the baby's room
-did three loads of laundry
-put a new license plate on the Jeep
-discussed (much to my dismay) selling the Jeep for something more fuel efficient
-hung curtains in the nursery
-schnuggled with our puppies
-attended the Maize carnival
-made orange rolls
I think that might be it. I just wanted to write it all down to remind myself at a later date of how productive and useful a Saturday can be.
In other news, our youngest but biggest dog Axl has recently discovered that he enjoys watching TV. It all started when we watched the movie Bolt this past week. The carrot squeaky toy in the movie coupled with our surround sound speakers was more than he could handle. He got right up in front of the TV and did the head tilting thing every few minutes. It was adorable. Ever since then, it's like he now 'notices' when the TV is on and likes to watch. If there's an interesting noise, he settles about two inches from the screen to investigate. I bet it would make a great Funniest Home Video.
No comments:
Post a Comment